• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taking a trip to Houston, Atlanta, or Miami. Need suggestions.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless youre rolling to KW, take your rental spend and deploy it on cabs/ubie.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unless youre rolling to KW, take your rental spend and deploy it on cabs/ubie.

I was told to avoid driving in South Beach as much as possible. With the gang being so many people deep I'm sure we will all split up. I already got the car as part of the flight package sadly. Maybe I can use it to go into actual Miami. Lol.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The design district just west of dtown in what was a ghetto not eight odd years ago is worth a viz.

There's also an awesome gun range right in there too!

Downtown proper has little to offer unless you wanna score crack or maybe a hot Rolex.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was told to avoid driving in South Beach as much as possible. .
Yeah, it's not the driving that is problematic per se, rather it's the parking that can be a pain in the A$$. Honestly, between cabs/uber, the share bikes and the south beach local bus (25 cents) you really don't need to drive. Plus, it's a great place just to walk around and enjoy the architecture.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get why people rent cars in major cities. UBER it

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, the TS is from one of the few metropolitan areas where a car is absolutely necessary, so it's probably force of habit. But yeah, I've been to South Beach three times and gotten by fine without a car. Cabs are fairly plentiful in my experience, and Uber was just launching when I was last there.

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A cab with its little light on the roof is pretty useful when youre too hammered to operate your cell and on Ocean/Collins. Now, being Miami Beach hopefully youll be chemically altered enough to cut through this noise and use your cell. ;)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get why people rent cars in major cities. UBER it

I would rather play it safe than sorry. Plus my flight lands at 2pm and I can't check in until 4pm. What am I suppose to do in the mean time? lol.

I guess I got used to living in SoCal where our public transportation sucks and need private transportation.

Lyft and Uber will be used. Will try Lyft with all the coupons they sent. Lol.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A cab with its little light on the roof is pretty useful when youre too hammered to operate your cell and on Ocean/Collins. Now, being Miami Beach hopefully youll be chemically altered enough to cut through this noise and use your cell. ;)

Wait. What? Lol.

We are definitely getting turnt up.

So far for day time activities, some of the guys want to do different things now. Some want to go on a boat ride and others want to go see the Heat.

Will post pics!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So far for day time activities, some of the guys want to do different things now. Some want to go on a boat ride and others want to go see the Heat.

These are super touristy, but I enjoyed them. Went on a Duck Boat tour of South Beach and an airboat tour of the Everglades.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are super touristy, but I enjoyed them. Went on a Duck Boat tour of South Beach and an airboat tour of the Everglades.

How much were the tickets and did you have to buy them in advance? Thnx!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How much were the tickets and did you have to buy them in advance? Thnx!

IIRC, each ticket was around $30. I bought the tickets the day before or the day of, as I had an unexpected extra day in South Beach due to a snowstorm cancelling my return flight to DC. There are a lot of tour operators, so I don't think getting a ticket well in advance is necessary. The tour of the Everglades is particularly cool. I would definitely recommend the boat ride over a Heat game. You can see an NBA game in any major American city.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mojito and the pool at the Raleigh are famous as sh*t and worth a pop in.

But beware too many hotel "amazing" bars or "DJ so and so pool parties". They blend together and the only lasting memory is the amazingly high price of a drink.

Same w clubs for that matter. Mansion is famous. Liv at Fountainbleu obv. But kinda the same stupid **** any city has on tap. They dont even make great use of the year-round weather in the layout. ie could be in any club in the NE.

Oh instead of these stupid joints go to Smith & Wollensky's right at the bottom of South Beach. Dirrrrty patio with all the boats going by and dtown view. Id strongly urge you to make this the big expensive dinner w your boys over Prime 112. Get steamed after w sexy broads at the outdoor bar. One of your crew will want to Prime 112 b/c it was in Ballers. Do not listen to him. Go to S&W instead. :)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how'd the trip go?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads