1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Taken

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I loved it when he shot the French guy's wife in the arm.....nothing better than collateral damage in order to get to the finish line. an admirable trait in our own Jack Bauer

2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I saw it with my wife and gotta give it a two snaps up, way way up.

Great flick. Pure entertainment and not one of those movies that make you think and all that bullshit. Pure action.

3. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

There are endless amounts of cultural works that in some way concern revenge. Could you clarify this a little further, please? I am not trying to sound rude, I'm just interested in your train of thought.

moron.

4. meader

meader Active Member

moron.
    What's up with your attitude, punk?

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

There are endless amounts of cultural works that in some way concern revenge. Could you clarify this a little further, please? I am not trying to sound rude, I'm just interested in your train of thought.

moron.

What's up with your attitude, punk?

Easy now guys, we're talking about a freaking ACTION MOVIE - that means it's not going into some dissertation anytime soon.

Liam Neeson was bad ass in this movie. I anticipating some very cliche moments, but they did not happen. I appreciate how he was physically brutal, but what made him scary was the guile and cunning he showed from years of experience. They should have a movie pitting him against Anton Chigurh.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Taken 2 is coming out this October. It looks like Liam Neeson destroys half of Istanbul trying to recover his wife (ex-wife in the first movie). Citizen Kane it ain't, but I'll be in line opening weekend.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

will he find anyone in this movie? and will he kill them?

8. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

I'll be there.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I saw Taken 2 this afternoon. It was one of those sequels that should never have been made. A bunch of chases (car and foot) and hyperkinetic fights, lazily stitched together. Save it for late-night cable TV viewing when you're drunk.

10. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I suppose it is hard to go around killing dudes to protect his wife's already gone virginity this time around...

11. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

Valid observation, but I'm thinking he was

more concerned with keeping her from suffocating on her own blood.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The one thing I took away from this movie is that it's hella easy to access rooftops in Istanbul.