• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tailorshirts.com

mrchapel

Reaction score
Interesting: http://www.tailorshirts.com/

I'm loving the user friendly interface. But I wonder, has anyone heard of them before? Or used them? I stumbled upon them when I was searching for clothing terminology on google.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Interesting: http://www.tailorshirts.com/

I'm loving the user friendly interface. But I wonder, has anyone heard of them before? Or used them? I stumbled upon them when I was searching for clothing terminology on google.

Gee, why would you be searching for terminology on google?

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Gee, why would you be searching for terminology on google?

Heh, I wonder why
. Looking up history of "bespoke".

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd want to find out what kind of fabric they are using. I've ordered shirts from online sites that are made of pretty good fabric that is at least an 80s (e.g., hemrajani or chan) and I've ordered shirts on line that ended up being shit fabric (like meinalt fashion, where the fabric felt like cardboard against my skin). I'll admit though that the interface is kind of nice.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Prices obviously seem good - in line with Jantzen and Baron, and you're right about the interface. I would note that most of their 100% cotton fabric choices (they also offer poly/blend materials) are 80's and apparently all have been treated with an "easy care finish", which for all I know could be scotchguard or something.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'd be interested to check out results if anyone takes the plunge.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Heh, I wonder why
. Looking up history of "bespoke".

Kinda figured.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I'd want to find out what kind of fabric they are using. I've ordered shirts from online sites that are made of pretty good fabric that is at least an 80s (e.g., hemrajani or chan) and I've ordered shirts on line that ended up being shit fabric (like meinalt fashion, where the fabric felt like cardboard against my skin). I'll admit though that the interface is kind of nice.
I played with the interface a bit, and if you start designing a shirt when you reach the fabric selection stage it gives you descriptions of the various fabrics (e.g., 80's 2-ply cotton) - except in a few instances where the description is suspiciously more limited.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I'd want to find out what kind of fabric they are using. I've ordered shirts from online sites that are made of pretty good fabric that is at least an 80s (e.g., hemrajani or chan)...

Hmm. I thought Chan's shirting fabrics were pretty much 100s or better.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Hmm. I thought Chan's shirting fabrics were pretty much 100s or better.

You may be right. I haven't ordered from Chan in a while so I don't remember exactly what they were. All I was saying is that they are pretty good fabrics, whereas fabrics I've ordered from some other online places have been pretty bad.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40