• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors that visit from abroad

dennisdomino

Reaction score
I got an e-mail last week that Hemrajani is visitng NYC in early June. I have read mixed things about working on suits with him. I have a London tailor that usually visits a few times a year, but he has indicated that he will not be coming as often. What I would really love to discover, and hoped you all might have some insight into, is an Italian tailor that would come over to the States now and again. I have recently fallen in love with the Domenico Vacca style (though his prices are too steep for me) and would like to work with a tailor that does that look. Maybe someone who is local even...Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks.
DD

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to Marc Grayson, a Neapolitan tailor by the name of Pasquale Sabino visits NYC and caters to a mostly Italian clientele. It doesn't sound like the look is as extreme as Vacca/Attolini. http://www.sartoriasabino.it/

dennisdomino

Reaction score
Thanks. I will explore. It seems they don't have the English portion of their website up yet, but I sent them an e-mail. They list a New York address at 680 Madison, maybe they keep a space there for when they visit.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
According to Marc Grayson, a Neapolitan tailor by the name of Pasquale Sabino visits NYC and caters to a mostly Italian clientele. It doesn't sound like the look is as extreme as Vacca/Attolini. http://www.sartoriasabino.it/
1.jpg
2.jpg

Yum. The mustard one does seem to approach Attolini's cut, in the waist.
Tom

Millerp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
1.jpg
2.jpg

Yum. The mustard one does seem to approach Attolini's cut, in the waist.
Tom

The mustard one seems to be a woman's jacket. Note the
button closing.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Millerp
The mustard one seems to be a woman's jacket. Note the
button closing.

What, is that strange? Damn, guess I'm not going to show you my lingerie collection either.

blush.gif

alflauren

Reaction score
There. It's a mens jacket now. Great topic, BTW. I'd love to know more about reasonable Italian tailors, either ones who travel or who are easy to visit in [insert Italian city].

dennisdomino

Reaction score
Great topic, BTW. I'd love to know more about reasonable Italian tailors, either ones who travel or who are easy to visit in [insert Italian city].[/quote]

Those pictures are great, but it seems we haven't learned much about Italian tailors visiting or otherwise and I feel like usually this kind of an exchange gets so much response. Perhaps everyone is away for the long weekend.
lookaround.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is a goof topic and you'll probably get more responses post-holidays. I bump it to keep it on the first page
smile.gif
BTW, while "reasonable" is subjective, Mr. Sabino is does not fall into this category. Actually, let me rephrase that, Mr. Sabino's prices are reasonable for the product that you are getting, but they are still in the mid to high four figures. Also, his clothes fall under "understated elegance" and the cuts are not severe Attolini cuts. If you wantto be noticed from afar, he is not your man.

dennisdomino

Reaction score
edmorel said:
"This is a goof topic" I bump it to keep it on the first page
smile.gif
BTW, while "reasonable" is subjective, Mr. Sabino is does not fall into this category. Actually, let me rephrase that, Mr. Sabino's prices are reasonable for the product that you are getting, but they are still in the mid to high four figures.

smile.gif
I am hoping that you didn't really mean to say this is a "goof" topic and that the word usage is just a typo, that being said, Mr. Sabino's website seemed to have images that indicate he works in a rather palatial setting which made me think that he was likely to charge a bit more than I wanted to spend. His things do look lovely from the few images both put up here and on his sight. I take it you have seen his work in person.

dennisdomino

Reaction score
I just got this e-mail from Italy this morning:

yes you are right. We would like to inform you that Pasquale Sabino
will be in New York from May the 30th to June the 5th. He is presenting
the new collection
>of Fall/Winter fabrics.
>>He will be staying at the same hotel as usual:
>>The Helmsley Carlton Hotel - 680 Madison Ave; phone: 212 838 3000 If
>>you are intrested or need to meet him for the fitting/consigne of
>items, please contact me in order to schedule an appointment:
>>Alessandra Sabino
>>[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>or sabino <mailto:[email protected]> @sartoriasabino.com
>>Italian mobile: +39 338 338 5285
>>US mobile: 1 917 379 7270 (switched on from May the 30th to June the
>5th)
>>
>>Looking forward to hearing from you

Alessandra Sabino

dennisdomino

Reaction score
As i wrote you we'll be in NYC from tomorrow till the 5th. If you have
time,
we'll be very happy to meet you there.
About our organization, we are in NYC every month, for 7\\8 days in the
same
place, the Helmsley Carlton.
There we fit the suites and show the fabrics to our clients.
Usually we need 3 fittings before to give you the finished suite. Are
me my
brother and my father (both tailors) and we have a company with 22
employers, and we make totally by hands. From the second suite, you
select
the fabrics and later, we need only 1 fitting because we just have your
pattern.
Usually we are in NYC with a shirtmaker and a shoes maker... just for
give
to our clients the best assistance.
About the prices, we start from 3000 USD.
For further information we wait you in NY. Please advice when you can
be
there

your sincerely

Alessandra Sabino

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics