• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tailors Near North Alabama

BchBum11511

Reaction score
I did a lot of searching around my area (Huntsville, AL) for MTM on here and around town. But, I didn't have any luck with recommendations for tailors here (or really any within 100 miles). I was kind of surprised there wasn't more of a mention of tailors from Nashville, TN or Birmingham, AL. So, at the advice of SF, I decided to reach out to the closest place that offered Samuelsohn. That led me to Nashville, and The Oxford Shop.

I had a great experience working with the SA there and was able to spend about 45 minutes getting measured and picking out the items I wanted to have included in the suit (a nice charcoal wool). This was my first experience in MTM, so going through the fabrics was a bit daunting
, but having the choices to customize a bunch of different things was great. It took about 5 weeks for the suit to show up. The suit fit great. Far better than any of the JAB suits I've been wearing for the last 5 years. I couldn't be happier with it (in fact I'm going to be ordering another one shortly
). I plan to post some pics to WAYWRN the next time I wear it.

Just thought I'd share some about one option in Nashville in case anyone like me is interested/looking.

Cheers!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 89 30.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%