• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tailors in seoul korea?

Idreamofsakura

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply .When I was in Dongdaemun I was qouted as the price of the Cheil VIP to be $50 a yard.

syss

Reaction score
I would confirm with your tailor before buying. From my understanding tailors get a good profit margin on fabric, so they may not want to use something provided by the customer. Every tailor in Korea will have Samsung fabric though, frequently as a standard option.

Last edited:

Immanuelrx

Reaction score
I have started the process of commissioning a suit and blazer through Sartoria Vanni in Gangnam,

http://www.vanni.co.kr/Bespoke/Suit.asp

http://vannibespoke.tumblr.com

They seem to be a pretty good shop and their tumblr makes me think I will get some quality products. I don't know if it was through this thread or another, but I have seen someone post a few suit from them on the SF. Please let me know any experiences you all have had with them and any suggestions. Thanks and I will either post pictures and my experiences with them on this thread or I will start another.

Immanuelrx

Reaction score
Recently I went in for the second fitting for the blazer i commissioned at Satoria Vanni. After discussing some changes with the gentlemen at AAAC, I have gone with a couple of changes already noticed in these pictures. Those being more padding in the shoulders and letting the waist out a bit. Here are my fitting pictures:

Feel free to make any additional comments regarding the fit. I tailor already addressed the sleeve length. I will post the finished product when it is ready. So far I have been quite please with this shop and will most likely commission some more items after this one is done. It is looking like a H&S three piece navy suit.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Immanuelrx How was your experience at vanni?

I want a navy sportscoat. Something with a different fabric. I know it's winter but I want like fresco or a stubby linen or something.

Had a suit made there a long time ago but shoulders got way too big

seoul

Reaction score
Hi,

an earlier post mentioned Yangs tailor in Itaewon.
After 2 years and light usage I am disappointed to see the expensive Samsung VIP fabric to fall apart. I had a suit made, with extra pants. When you expect the point of failure to be the side pockets in the pants or the arms - those are spotless. Where it it failing is the back of the left shoulder (not along a seam and cannot be associated with weight/muscle gain). The fabric is thinning and breaking. A very unusual spot, pointing to fabric quality issues. I am left to suspect that the fabric was not to the price level I was promised.
On a different note a friend of mine had shirts tailored a few months back, for durability and flexibility their fabric had to have a plastic component. To this day I dont understand why this fabric came at the same price as 100% high thread cotton. As mentioned here, the profit seems to be in the fabric. You need to do your homework on what is best for you before you run to a tailor and compare offers.

Good luck!

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know much about fabrics but could it be that the fabric was nice enough to be somewhat fragile? I feel like the Samsung fabrics tend to be pretty good value but with a huge range in price/value

I'm thinking a cashmere jacket for fall/winter

Last edited:

Immanuelrx

Reaction score
@Immanuelrx How was your experience at vanni?

I want a navy sportscoat. Something with a different fabric. I know it's winter but I want like fresco or a stubby linen or something.

Had a suit made there a long time ago but shoulders got way too big

My experience at Vanni has been wonderful. Here are the items I have had made so far.

So far I have the polo coat, the navy suit, and the navy blazer made at their shop. Next up is a charcoal or some shade of grey suit with VBC fabric.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have any recent experience with Savile Row in Itaewon? Is the shop still there?
I haven't been back in several years and this thread hasn't had any activity for over a year

artofwill80

Reaction score
anyone have any recent experience with Savile Row in Itaewon? Is the shop still there?
I haven't been back in several years and this thread hasn't had any activity for over a year

I haven't been there, but I knew a couple of people who got their suits from there and they felt like they got decent value for what they paid for.

I got my suit from Tailorable in Itaewon and I am quite happy with the quality so far even though they were a bit more expensive than SR. I am pleased that they paid attention to the details and they were very helpful with answering my questions.

I hope that helped.

ThePanda

Reaction score
I haven't been there, but I knew a couple of people who got their suits from there and they felt like they got decent value for what they paid for.

I got my suit from Tailorable in Itaewon and I am quite happy with the quality so far even though they were a bit more expensive than SR. I am pleased that they paid attention to the details and they were very helpful with answering my questions.

I hope that helped.

Speaking of Tailorable, KoreanEnglishman/JOLLY just did a video about them.

Personally, I have used Mr. Eagle Tailor in Songtan for a few suits.

oek736

Reaction score
I moved back to Korea a few weeks ago researched the available tailors extensively until I was satisfied. All of this research led me to choose Manchester Tailor in Itaewon. My bottom line was to get as many fittings as I needed, get the suit made exactly as I wanted, and for a price point that was reasonable in comparison to the quality. The other tailors that I researched led me to believe that one of these factors would not be met. To ensure that I had my bespoke suit made exactly as I wanted I wore one of my Brooks Brothers suits that I purchased in the U.S. four weeks ago. That was what I wanted. They really nailed it, it was made exactly as I wanted, and met all my criteria. The suit with two pairs of pants was 550,000 won. They shortened the sleeves on two of my U.S. purchased sports coats for free and I then had a pair of pants made that went with each sport coat. They are exactly like my suit pants but are of course different in color. These two pairs of paints ran me 300,000 won. By replicating the stitching, lining, zippers, belt loops, etc as my Brooks Brothers suits I am sure that I added cost. I wanted quality, received quality, it looks quality, and I am very satisfied. They are close to McDonalds in the International Underground Market. I thought it would be valuable for the community to comment on my experience.
Rob Eleveld Whitepages.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads