• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tailors in seoul korea?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Savile Row vs. B&Tailorshop?
For dress shirts or for suits???
I folow korean styleforum equavalent faily closely so i might be able to relay some more opinions about these places for you if you interest. :)

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be grateful for any info you have on B&T: shirt & suit quality, and pricing. I travel to Korea every now and then, and I have friends there, and I like the work of B&T that I've seen!

gambit50

Reaction score
^^^Honestly, I think that is very well done. What is the cost if you don't mind? If you do, no worries.
And material? You look quite sharp. There are a few points I would make to improve but it is possible those were done on purpose(stylistic differences) as opposed to poor execution.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

inside savile row, itaewon

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^Honestly, I think that is very well done. What is the cost if you don't mind? If you do, no worries.
And material? You look quite sharp. There are a few points I would make to improve but it is possible those were done on purpose(stylistic differences) as opposed to poor execution.

Thanks! I welcome your suggestions on improving the fit. Sent you a pm re pricing.

JazzPoet

Reaction score
Anyone been to Savile row in Gwanghamun recently? I was last there a few years ago. Im leaving soon and would like to get some shirts done. I checked the website and its not working anymore. Apart from there and Goshe any other recommendations for decent dress shirts?

Cheers

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XKxRome0ox,

PIcs on the new suit?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am getting the suit pants altered here in LA
I am actually quite disappointed with savile row at this point
I had two suits made two years ago and both turned out great
This time I had one suit and two more pants made
I needed to remeasure and I wanted a different fit
The jacket is fine, turned out the way I want it
The pants... all three pairs have some weird issue in the seat of the pants and some in the legs
The fabric was cut unevenly? Stitching uneven? Just does not look pretty back there
I don't know if they are using different people to do the sewing or what but it is quite disappointing
So I am having the suit pants altered to see how it turns out
If it turns out okay, then altering keeping all
If not, I'm going to make a stink and ask mr.choe to make them over

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

two gray wool pants from savile row
pinned by my alteration tailor here in LA
my suit pants were altered first, turned out fine so i'm keeping them and altering the other pants as well
but i am not happy and i asked that mr.choe give a significant discount on my bro-in-law's suit that is being made there right now
will report on what happens

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the saving grace is that the suit came out very nice
i wore it for the first time yesterday
will try to get a full fit pic later

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of taking in. Yea, two of my friends that got suits made from SR said the same thing. The jacket fits great, but the pants were too baggy. IMO Hanhs pants are made way better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads