• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors in Philadelphia Area

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a tailor in Philly because I need to get the legs of a pair of pants taken it. Does anyone know of a tailor and what would getting your legs tapered cost?

blush.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Hi Guys, I am looking for a tailor in Philly because I need to get the legs of a pair of pants taken it. Does anyone know of a tailor and what would getting your legs tapered cost?
blush.gif

Ernesto off of south st on 5th charges 25 or 35. Their work is alright. Centofanti in Ardmore is better but slower.

Sebastian Melmoth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a tailor in Philly because I need to get the legs of a pair of pants taken it. Does anyone know of a tailor and what would getting your legs tapered cost?

blush.gif

I use Rich Chae of Dress Right Tailors (15th and Walnut).

He can be a bit moody but has done great work for me. Also, he prices are quite reasonable.
Not sure what tapering a leg would cost.

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Ernesto off of south st on 5th charges 25 or 35. Their work is alright. Centofanti in Ardmore is better but slower.

Originally Posted by Sebastian Melmoth
I use Rich Chae of Dress Right Tailors (15th and Walnut).

He can be a bit moody but has done great work for me. Also, he prices are quite reasonable.
Not sure what tapering a leg would cost.

Thanks for the advice. I have an English Laundry suit that fits amazingly but the legs are just a bit too wide for me. thanks for the heads up. I will try to get over there next week.
worship.gif

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Centofanti is on holiday and the store is closed. I am not sure when he is returning, but I drive past there almost every day and will be glad to look.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 This!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to be an ass, but my experience Royal Custom Tailor was vastly different. They did a terrible job of altering an RLBL suit I brought to him. It cost me over $100 at Centofanti to fix it. He tried to fix wrinkling in the back, but in doing so, he sewed it back poorly and took too much out of the lining in the back so the back would never lay flat at the bottom and the sleeves weren't properly shortened (the edge wouldn't lay flat. Centofanti put some lining in them to keep it straight). He also didn't know what a canvassing or fusing meant... which I found extremely odd since he supposedly makes custom suits.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to bump an old thread in which I have participated as my tailor is currently on vacation and I need two pairs of pants altered: one is getting hemmed and tapered and one is getting hemmed with cuffs. I would normally just wait for him to get back into town but I am leaving for Milan next Thursday and need kind of a rush job. Can anyone suggest anyone who can deliver good results quickly and for a relatively decent price? I don't want to spend more than $40 on the alterations.

Should also state - I live in Gladwyne, so I can get into the city pretty much at any time but won't drive to say, Doylestown.

Last edited:

sylviam

Reaction score
Isn't Centofanti open on 09/01? Perhaps you could have them ship them to you.

I have had a good experience with a tailor in Malvern, but he's only shortened sleeves for me. He owns the dry cleaner where the wawa is and he's there Tu,Fri.

10 Malin Rd, Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355, United States
1.9 mi - about 5 mins
1. Head northwest on S Malin Rd toward Lancaster Ave/U.S. 30 E
0.2 mi
2. Take the 1st right onto Lancaster Ave/U.S. 30 E
0.9 mi
3. Turn left onto PA-29 N/S Morehall Rd
0.8 mi
4. Turn right onto Liberty Blvd
Destination will be on the right

Boyds will take it even if not purchased there but their prices are outrageous and it's hit or miss with them. My experience with them is so-so.

Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics