• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors in North Jersey (Bergen County)

fashionnewb

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this because I've been looking for somewhere to go. I was tired of getting hit or miss service with dry cleaners so I wanted a real tailor.
First stop was a convenient place on my way home from work, Tailoring By Flavio in Hillsdale. That turned out to be a big waste of time. First he complained that the sleeves needed to be different lengths so the buttons wouldn't be even. Said he would have to move them up. And this was apparently time consuming work, and he didn't have the machine to re-do the fake button holes. Could he shorten by the sleeves I ask? He laughs at me and says no, that's a serious job that he doesn't do because it's not worth it, too time consuming, places charge $500 for that kind of work. I'm fairly confident this is completely wrong because it is, but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because I needed the work done. Ended up leaving to think it over while trying to find another place.
I googled to research prior to going to Flavio, and two names came up, Flavio, and Enzo(via velvel's post). Had to drive about 25 minutes to Enzo's place but wow what a difference. Friendly, knowledgeable, at first glance he could already tell Flavio's markings were off. Enzo gave me a cheaper price and quicker turnaround time than Flavio, and said that shortening the sleeves from the shoulder would have been about $100. Oh, and he was more than happy to replace the pant button loops with adjustable side tabs if there was enough fabric from the pants, which Flavio flat out said no to.
I'll try to post again when I pick up my stuff from Enzo, I'm confident it will turn out well.

Thought I'd bump this because I've been looking for somewhere to go. I was tired of getting hit or miss service with dry cleaners so I wanted a real tailor.
First stop was a convenient place on my way home from work, Tailoring By Flavio in Hillsdale. That turned out to be a big waste of time. First he complained that the sleeves needed to be different lengths so the buttons wouldn't be even. Said he would have to move them up. And this was apparently time consuming work, and he didn't have the machine to re-do the fake button holes. Could he shorten by the sleeves I ask? He laughs at me and says no, that's a serious job that he doesn't do because it's not worth it, too time consuming, places charge $500 for that kind of work. I'm fairly confident this is completely wrong because it is, but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because I needed the work done. Ended up leaving to think it over while trying to find another place.
I googled to research prior to going to Flavio, and two names came up, Flavio, and Enzo(via velvel's post). Had to drive about 25 minutes to Enzo's place but wow what a difference. Friendly, knowledgeable, at first glance he could already tell Flavio's markings were off. Enzo gave me a cheaper price and quicker turnaround time than Flavio, and said that shortening the sleeves from the shoulder would have been about $100. Oh, and he was more than happy to replace the pant button loops with adjustable side tabs if there was enough fabric from the pants, which Flavio flat out said no to.
I'll try to post again when I pick up my stuff from Enzo, I'm confident it will turn out well.
Did it turn out well with Enzo?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shop in a nice area: Carlos Coto at Summit Tailors.
Unfortunately he already blew one deadline that he set himself. Now it is suppose to happen this week. I will update this thread with my impressions. He is taking in thighs and seat on a pair of trousers and taking a jacket in a little on the sides. I have seen reviews of his shop , overwhelmingly positive, and have my hope so far.

Carlos was apologetic about timeline. He was attentive during my fitting and offered to fix fit of my jacket that was off due to my uneven shoulders.
The trousers were fitted perfectly , thighs and crotch were taken in so there is no extra fabric in those places.
I could not be happier with trousers fit.

On second try Carlos fixed my jacket fit somewhat . It is RTW jacket and he made it to look as best as possible . The issue was my uneven shoulders. He did not charge me for that second adjustment ,saying he wants to make it fit right , which I appreciated.
Overall very positive experience, nice work and very nice gentleman.
Highly recommend.

Last edited:

marleen

Reaction score
In need of a seamstress in Closter Nj area immediately .Please contact me at 917 . 592 . 0129 .
Thank you .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics