1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tailoring/Suiting advice needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by usctrojans31, Dec 12, 2009.

1. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm a college student, like a lot of users on here.

I'm contemplating buying a new suit as the price is phenomenal. However, this suit would require more tailoring than any others that I have looked at or owned before, specifically in the pants. Since I'm a college student, price is of course an issue. I've lost a little bit of weight in my shoulders as I'm not playing sports now. I'm 6'4" a 40R-40L depending on the manufacturer. I'd love to be able to own a closet full of Black Labels and Isaia, but I'm not at that point in my life yet.

I've also looked at TaT and will be purchasing one when I can afford it a bit more.

The following would need to be done to the suit

Jacket:

The shoulders are great, it fits well in the front of the torso but could stand to be taken in about half an inch on each side.

Pants:

The pants are where the suit has some problems on its fit.

Waist needs to be let out by about .75"
    Seat needs to come up about .5"
    Thighs/calves need to be taken in by about 2", as there is way too much extra fabric

So to any tailors, or very experienced sartorialists, is it possible to have the pants altered that much without completely destroying the pants?

Thanks for all of your help.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

It sounds like the alterations are reasonable and can be done. Some tailors may tell you that the pants need to be recut which would cost more.