tailoring question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by smk, Feb 27, 2013.

1. smk

smk Well-Known Member

I asked this at the tailors' thread and it's moving a bit slow there so I thought I'd make a separate thread:

I lost a bit of weight, and I have a rlbl suit that doesn't quite fit me like it used to. I lost weight all over and not in a particular place, so I need it slimmed down all over keeping the same proportions. I guess the same suit one size down would fit me perfect. Shoulders do still fit me. So I was wondering if this is a easy enough job for a competent tailor, or if I'm risking too much. How much would it cost? Would it be worth it to get it tailored?
    Thanks.

2. biged781

biged781 Senior member

I'm no tailor (even saying "I'm <whatever> tailor" sounds silly), so take this with a grain of salt, but if the shoulders fit then I assume it's the chest and waist that are the issue? Those can be tailored and almost certainly at a lesser price than it would cost to replace the suit. Why not just take it to a good tailor and se what he says?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

What Big Ed said. Definitely better to get it taken in than to throw it away.