1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tailoring - Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Shanghai

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amrad, Jul 2, 2006.

1. amrad

amrad New Member

I'm going to be spending 4 days in HK, 1 week near Shenzhen then 5 days in Shanghai.

I want to have a suit, a couple of trousers and some shirts tailored.

Any tailor advice? I've heard buy the fabric in HK then have it made in Shenzhen?

I'm thinking of going to Jantzen for the shirts but what about the suit and trousers?

Was hoping to pay around £150 for the suit and £25 per shirt is this unrealistic? How much would trousers be?

Bear in mind that I don't want anything incredible, just decent quality that fits a lot better than OTR stuff.

Thanks

2. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior Member

Unless you have a specific tailor in mind, I'd probably stay away from Shenzhen for the tailoring. I feel like the tailors aren't as high of quality, and there's significant language issues if you don't speak Cantonese/Mandarin. There are plenty of places in HK where you should be able to get a suit for under £150/$300, just be sure to bargain. It won't be a WW Chan, but just the suits I've gotten are significantly better than things I'd pick up in the States, so it's a nice compromise. Trousers, depends on the fabric, I got some nice linen pants made for about $45.

Definitely go to Jantzen for shirts; be sure to get to them ASAP as it sounds like you'll need a quick turnaround. The best part is, you'll probably have Ricky measure you, and the first shirts you get will be dead on - and then you can easily order more online!

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Seconded.

4. amrad

amrad New Member

Has any one got any recommendations for Hong Kong then? I feel that just choosing somewhere that I find and offers the right price could turn out just as bad as doing the same in Shenzhen.