• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailoring a pair of Incotex Khaki Pants? A bit urgent guys.

ap10046

Reaction score
i'm sure many have opened up or taken in a pair of Inco's...what I can't figure is what happens to the V notch and the waistband?
I need to open up 3 pairs by about an inch, and there is more than enough material for it, but what would happen to the waistband?
Can someone please put up a picture or two of them opened up and taken in please?
Greatly appreciate it, gents..

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you pay up for the alteration, the V will disappear.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that was pretty clear.

Unless you pay the tailor to put the v back in, they will just do a standard straight waistband.

My tailor retains the style that it comes to him with at no extra charge, but its common that this would be a more pricey service.

ap10046

Reaction score
Ah! I see. Didn't quite understand.
Thank you. I think selling them would be the best option.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No need to sell them. Just tell your tailor what you want.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah! I see. Didn't quite understand.
Thank you. I think selling them would be the best option.

While it's not a bad idea to get rid of pants that are an inch too small for you I don't know what in this thread would lead you to that conclusion.

You can live with a straight waistband (like most of the world does) or pay an extra $10 - 15 to have them keep the V - a.k.a. the split waistband.

Not an insoluble problem.

ap10046

Reaction score
Hi Cantabrigian, from a part time Oxonian..Chipping Norton, actually, quite close to his Grace, J.C! LOL.
I am currently geographically challenged and as such, my (assumed) literary prowess has taken a bit of a beating.
What I meant to say, again, was..how does one extend the waistband when that V comes in the way? If you extend the waistband doesn't that damn V get pulled apart??
We don't have tailors here, whom I would allow, near a pair of Inco's. Therefore, I concluded, selling to be the best option.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your earlier assertion was pretty clear, which is why I found your resolving to sell them hilarious. I could just see you trying to explain that to your local alterations tailor.

ap10046

Reaction score
Well, get this, I did take them to this chap and he says "no problem! If you like not, I will take them back to before". Verbatim!
Well, yes, curiosity belled and killed kitty! THIS I gotta see! Even if it means sacrificing a pair of Inco's!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads