1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tailor to clone my fav trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lino, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Lino

Lino Senior Member

My favorite odd trousers (and my wifes too) is (is? are? it's one pair, but....) a pair of Paul Smiths, a little low in the rise, a little slim in the leg and made from a super tough cotton fabric. They are starting to show their age, mostly through the discoloration in spots from wear.

I'd like to find a tailor who can replicate them in 2 or 3 different colors"”perhaps a pair in flannel or some fabric other than cotton that the pattern can tranlate well to.

Any suggestions? I'm in NYC.

2. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

Well a lot of tailors can do that for you, although they tend to want to put a little of their own spin on things. What is your price range? I would think that Mr. Ned would readily do a straight copy and for a low price.

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

I recall someone, may have been Son of Beau Brummel, saying that LS was very proficient at copying trousers. Give Izzy a call.

http://www.lsmensclothing.com/