• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor strategy in Hong Kong

CloudLi

Reaction score

I think WWC starting price is USD 1600 for a VBC entry fabric from the last time I checked earlier this year. But best to just contact them, give them a call or write an email.

AMHC offers very high quality suit, especially in the past. However from what I heard from other old tailors in HK, which I also believe is plausible, is that it depends on which tailor behind the scene is assigned to make your suit. They seem to assign the highly experienced (few) ones to long time customers. Not a customer myself but my dad was a regular customer back in his days and his suits from AMHC were impeccable in terms of craftsmanship and build (can also be a styling thing) compared to what I see in their shop these days.

Thanks, do you know AMHC and Gordon Yao's price?

jaylin69

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Wow. That's not that much saving as I expected. My local guy would do a bespoke for just over 2000 CAD. How many basted fitting can I expect before the suit is finished? How is the craftsmanship of WWC comparing with AMHC and Gordon Yao? Thanks for the info here

Yes I am also very surprised with this price 1500-2000 for VBC suit. I am expected that would be much less. I am from Canada and some shop here offer Made in China suit for around 1000-1500 $canadian. That is not MTM like Suit Supply or Indochino.
Maybe I have to see a sample suit from WWC or AMHC to see their quality. I might got a wrong idea here.
Just hoping maybe someone can tell me the quality and what to look for in a good bespoke suit Made in China.

jaylin69

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah I think that is quite more than what I expected. Some shops here offer 1200-1500 $canadian for a made in China suit on VBC or Reda.
Would anyone tell me more about their quality ( full canvas, handmade buttonholes, pick stitch ...) Very appreciated

Hifilover

Reaction score

Yeah I think that is quite more than what I expected. Some shops here offer 1200-1500 $canadian for a made in China suit on VBC or Reda.
Would anyone tell me more about their quality ( full canvas, handmade buttonholes, pick stitch ...) Very appreciated

What is the quality of cad1200 vbc suit in your city ?

jaylin69

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think it comes with full canvas, no basted fitting, so I think it is MTM, but much better than Suit Supply or Indochino.

CloudLi

Reaction score

In fitting or construction ?

In Toronto thread, someone recommend a tailor who will do a bespoke under $2000 CAD(1500 USD), with 2 basted fitting, 100% locally made. He said it is the best looking suit he had (he had other expensive bespoke suits)

Last edited:

CloudLi

Reaction score
I will get one if I did not order 3 mtm suits this year. Damn.

Hifilover

Reaction score

In Toronto thread, someone recommend a tailor who will do a bespoke under $2000 CAD(1500 USD), with 2 basted fitting, 100% locally made. He said it is the best looking suit he had (he had other expensive bespoke suits)

Does the price include sales tax ? HK has no sales tax. I still think HK is cheaper than Toronto but not a whole lot as you guys expected . HK dollar is link to USD , exchange rate for CAD is weak now .

CloudLi

Reaction score

Does the price include sales tax ? HK has no sales tax. I still think HK is cheaper than Toronto but not a whole lot as you guys expected . HK dollar is link to USD , exchange rate for CAD is weak now .

The op claims the price to be well below $2000, if he is right then I would assume $2000 CAD including tax. Yes, CAD is so low so it doesn't make any sense to make a suit in Hong Kong for people in Toronto.

Hifilover

Reaction score

The op claims the price to be well below $2000, if he is right then I would assume $2000 CAD including tax. Yes, CAD is so low so it doesn't make any sense to make a suit in Hong Kong for people in Toronto.

Yes .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads