• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor Screwed Up And Hemmed My Nudie Jeans Too Short -- Anyone Have Any Extra?

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took my Nudie Regular Ralfs (Dry Selvedge) to a local tailor for hemming. It turned out to be a big mistake. Not only were the two legs hemmed unevenly such that the left leg is longer than the right, they were hemmed too short.

I emailed Nudie several, several times asking if they could send me some selvedge material so I can have another tailor extend the hems by a bit. They responded to my first email by saying the problem was not their fault, and thus out of their realm of responsibility. All subsequent pleas for assistance were ignored
frown.gif

So... I'm hoping someone on Style Forum might be able to help. My jeans are size 31. Does anyone happen to have any leftover Nudie dry selvedge material, perhaps from a previous hem job of their own, that I might be able to tack onto my hems?

Thank you very much in advance!

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nudie is correct in that it's the tailor's fault, not theirs, that your jeans were hemmed short.

if my imagination serves me correctly, it doesn't make any sense to get extra fabric to extend the jeans anyhow, because it will look extra awkward as well as being extremely noticeable.

only thing left is to hope you're a tall guy and slang them here or on ebay to a shorter person.

i've had this happen before to a pair of diesel jeans in 2002 or sometime way back, and my only choice was to sell on ebay.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but you're probably better off throwing them up for sale, cutting your losses, and getting a new pair.
eh.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should still be long enough to be turned into one of these, no?

IMG_7001.jpg

rimshot.gif

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
If it was your tailor's fault, and they hemmed them unevenly, shouldn't your tailor be held accountable?

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudie was certainly correct in their assessment, no dispute there.

I made some measurements. The hem can be saved -- I just need to find some matching material to extend the hem by a bit on each side.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aging in rhythm
If it was your tailor's fault, and they hemmed them unevenly, shouldn't your tailor be held accountable?
Agreed. I would talk to the tailor and get them to pay you for them, as they are entirely responsible (assuming you didn't tell them to make it too short and uneven...).
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
I made some measurements. The hem can be saved -- I just need to find some matching material to extend the hem by a bit on each side.
How exactly do you add material to extend the hem? I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a losing battle... go to the tailors, go back to the tailor's see what you can get, cut your losses and move foreward.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small Claims :p

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow.. that really is terrible.
I know you didn't buy the jeans from us but if you'd like to scratch this one and get another pair i'll give you one (we don't carry the RA but we do every other cut) at my wholesale cost to make you feel better..
I would also try and get the tailor to pay for at least part of the replacement if it truly was their fault.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Small Claims :p

Yup, if the tailor won't give you the retail price (assuming they are new), which I doubt they will want to when you tell them how much Nudies cost, then I would go to small claims court. Missing half a day of work or less is worth the $200+ that the jeans cost, at least to me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
Nudie was certainly correct in their assessment, no dispute there.

They may be correct, but they're not smart. And whoever sent you that reply clearly missed a few crucial marketing lessons in school.

A brand like Nudie that doesn't do mass advertising really has to rely on word-of-mouth for attracting new customers. If you go through the trouble to contact them - and all you're asking for is some extra fabric - then they're foolish not to send it to you, even if it's not their fault in anyway. It's good customer service, they make you happy by going the extra mile, and it costs them next to nothing.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
If you'd like to scratch this one and get another pair i'll give you one (we don't carry the RA but we do every other cut) at my wholesale cost to make you feel better..
now THIS is customer service!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
nudies WILL send fabic if you need patching up of your jeans, however they come in squares.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Wow.. that really is terrible. I know you didn't buy the jeans from us but if you'd like to scratch this one and get another pair i'll give you one (we don't carry the RA but we do every other cut) at my wholesale cost to make you feel better.. I would also try and get the tailor to pay for at least part of the replacement if it truly was their fault.
Wow, great service! If everything else fails take this man up on his offer and definately find a more competent tailor.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Agreed, that is a very generous offer from Kiya. Having Kiya on SF is like being friends with the guy that sells the best weed in the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads