1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tailor Said Suit Jacket Doesn't Need to be Taken in - Is he correct?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by champ49er, Mar 24, 2012.

1. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

A good suit is generally half or full canvassed as opposed to fused. The jacket is sewn to an interior floating canvas rather than glued. It gives a better shape than fused.

I believe we were suggesting it because of your dropped right shoulder. It doesn't look like you will be able to get properly fitting shoulders on RTW. It's probably the reason your sleeves appear to be different lengths as well. Regardless of the quality of the suit, the most important thing is a good fit.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. sullivan025

sullivan025 Senior member

The waist should be taken in, the jacket looks a bit long.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

As you look to add to your first two suits, you should try on different brands to find a 42L that fits you better. I'm roughly the same size as you and there are some brands that do not work for me because the 42L is too small and the 44L too big, which sounds like the situation for your two CK suits. I've also learned that higher armholes and a slimmer cut are a must for my build, which may or may not be the case for you. You should also find a good tailor in your city and listen to him/her on what fits you. This forum is a great resource, but there is only so much they can tell you based on pictures. You have to do some legwork.

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

It has a boxy cut like the suits I see at Jos. A. Banks. I think you could use some waist suppression and reduce the length of the jacket. I think the 42L fits better. Have you tried a 42R? That charcoal suit fits better but it still looks really boxy. I'm usually a size 42 although I'm only 170lbs. Size 40 fits better around my mid section but the shoulders are too tight. I think I'm a in between size like 41. Do you have the same problem?

5. rick07

rick07 Well-Known Member

the jacket is about 2 inches too long, and the sleeves are about an inch short.

6. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Not sure if serious?

Even the 42 is too wide in the shoulders.

The sleeves need to be narrowed more than the jacket needs to be taken in...

7. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

:crazy:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  8. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Agree!

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Indeed, :confused:

10. barrelntrigger

Unrelated to the post but I finally got your handle. It's a reference to Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo!

11. JubeiSpiegel

Your half right, the other half being Ninja Scroll, I commend you for knowing what Cowboy Bebop & Samurai Champloo is. They are two of my favorite series :D

12. barrelntrigger

Isn't that Jin from Champloo on your avatar? Have you seen Ninja Scroll the series? Not as good as the movie but passable for them to play on Tsunami of course the censored version, ehhh. Too bad both shows only aired for one season. Btw, you've heard anything on the live action of Bebop with Keanu Reeves as Spike?
    Keanu Reeves

13. JubeiSpiegel

The avatar is indeed Jin (from a pic I drew). The movie was better, the series was watchable. Yes, I have heard about the Keanu thing, and have tried desperately to forget it... Thanks for reminding me... :plain:

14. JubeiSpiegel

Sorry for hijacking the thread, we digress...

So, back to tailoring, blah, blah, blah...