1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tailor Recommendations for Montreal, Canada

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andrewm1, Sep 19, 2010.

1. hudsonbay

hudsonbay Member

Is it just slimming or something more complicated than just taking it in in the sides?
    If it's just sides anyone should be able to do it. I'm sure there must be some one in the Plateau area without the need to go to downtown.
    Strange how this topic didn't generate more options, especially in Montreal where did all the old pro's gone.
    Maybe we should just discuss it in french?

2. bdude

bdude Senior member

It is a slight sliming from the sides ( 1cm each) and and shortening the jacket by 2cm. It is expensive piece thats why fuck up is not an option. Do you have a trusted tailor you would recommend? Thx

3. Frederic b

Frederic b Member

I would probably use Sublime on Ste-Catherine and peel.

4. Ralph373

Ralph373 Member

I shopped at Harry Rosen on Bloor street in Toronto for many years and would get my Bespoke suits made there. However, one of my friends back home used Pellegrino Castronovo in Montreal for a Bespoke custom suits and swears by him. So i gave this guy a try and I must agree his fits kick ass, I tried many tailors in Montreal as i went to private school there and he is the best tailor by far for Montreal bespoke tailors. I still get all my other stuff from Harry Rosen but for the bespoke tailored suits its only him. The only problem with him is that he wont sell just one pant or shirt, its a minimum order and he can talk your ear off, O ya and if you live here in Toronto he only comes once a month...

http://www.pellegrinocastronovo.com/get-bespoke-tailored/

5. MontrealMat

MontrealMat New Member

I tried Atelier Tailleur Mark and wasted 1000$. They ruined a Hugo suit that fit me fine, with unnecessary alterations that made it unwearable. The owner tried to adjust it several times - it just made me waste more time. Communication was awful, but more importantly the skill and knowledge of what should be done or avoided just isn't there.

6. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Senior member

Sorry to hear that you had bad experience. Where is Atelier Tailleur Mark located? is this the same place as HPadar? I have been going to Alterations Paul and although not the cheapest but quality wise is excellent and he takes you through the process of what needs to be done and how he will do it before, so that there are no surprises later on.
    Quote:

1 person likes this.
  7. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

hey guys, sorry to "bump" this thread but I'm also looking for a tailor, for some major alterations of expensive suits I have (removing padding from shoulders and shortening them especially, removing pants pleats, etc.). Alterations Paul seems the way to go as everybody was happy with him... Just wanted to know if the game changed in recents years. Happy to discuss it via PM and in French if anyone has good recommendations!

Cheers

PS : i should add, I'm from Quebec City there's virtually no one here that could do this kind of work, unless I'm mistaken... I'm often in Montreal for business though

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. cnhabs

cnhabs Member

Besides the Iterations Paul and Atelier Mark which are on the high-end side, where can I find someone that can do some slight alterations for my entry-level suit? I am not gonna spend like 200 for a Tommy Hilfiger that cost 500.
    Thanks.

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Looking for an alterations place in Montreal that can handle work on a Lardini blazer (arm shortening).

Most places here offer "custom suiting" and get lippy if you ask them to work on something else.

10. frank778

frank778 New Member

Hi FlorianQC... I also bump myself on your post several months after for the sole reason you said you were from Qu├ębec City.

It happens i'm also from there and on the market to buy a decent suit with great quality at or around 1 000 $. Do you have any store recommandations from your experience? Is it better to buy only online? Also, can you recoomend a tailor?

I'm just wondering if there isn't hidden gems somewhere behind all those Simons suits... Thank you!