• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor Question

Edgysquid

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post so please go easy

I live in Queensland Australia, on a sheep and cattle property 120kms out of town. I went to boarding school in the city which gave me outside influence and introduces me to the world of fashion. I receive a lot of criticism for the way I dress (read: better than everyone else) in my small country town (which has only just caught wind of the pink trend) and i receive a lot of "you must be gay because you care about how you look" bullshit.

I'm moving on next year to go and get a job in a fashion to peruse a career in the industry (I don't know quite where I want to end up yet) and taking advantage of my backpacking trip to SE Asia I am going to get a few shirts and pants. Now I know that there are a lot of posts about tailors in Singapore but I don't need the finest quality shirts and pants because frankly I don't think anyone will care how refined the cotton in my shirt is or the quality of the workmanship. All i need is a decent tailor within a decent price range for an 18 year old.

Thanks in advance

p.s this forum rocks

Newton

Reaction score
Are you specifically asking about Singapore or SE Asia in general?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Edgysquid

Reaction score
thanks, just asking about tailiors in singaopre

i got a suit made by H & K custom tailors in hong kong last year before i had found a goldmine of information like on this site, so i was sucked in by the indian hawkers for a cheap suit which was of a lower quality!

i have a bit of a noob question, what is borelli?

Newton

Reaction score
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...li+shirt&meta=

Borelli make expensive MTM shirts as I understand it. Google is your friend.

As for Singapore maybe a forum search will assist... No other forumites seem to be biting!!

Google is also a good source. Also try virtualtourist.com and tripadvisor.com which are treasure troves of good advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads