• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor pulling my leg??

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a fantastic turn this thread has taken.

Now if only Jeffrey could visit the NSM thread and end that mess... Again...

gambit50

Reaction score
Which mess is that?
If someone ends the one that demonstrates that cuffs half the length of your tibia, that barely kiss any molecule of your shoe and have a bit of sock showing while standing, I would be grateful.

It is especially a brilliant idea when you are short and/or stocky, portly, round, pear shaped, etc. ie. when you don't have what anyone would deem an ideal physique. Rendering the illusion that you are MORE short, stock, poorly proportioned, tubby, etc. than you actually are sounds like a stroke of bespoke genius.

AdamWill

Reaction score
I've tried to parse that first paragraph five times but it just slips right through...seems like the subject clause 'cuffs half the length...' needs at least a verb and possibly an object that have sadly gone missing.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So, does any tailor not do this? Perhaps we should start from that end since it would seem shorter.

The vast majority use at least a little bit of fusible on certain parts of the garment. It is not considered a short-cut or inferior workmanship.

Honestly, I cannot even tell what I am looking at in the Caraceni pic. Carnage.

Given their prices, ouch.

That is a machine-padded lapel with a piece of fusible across it. Despite what you see here, the finishing in general was impeccable.

Also, jefferyd, I just checked your blog out(had done so before but not for some time) and sorry about your hand.
It is possible for the feeling to come back after a very extended period. I do not want to give you false hope but 6 months is not the end of the
opening. Experience has had it at years even to a 90/95% regeneration of 'normal' feeling. Nerves are a wild bunch in so many ways.

Thank you. The surgeon seemed to think I should be completely recovered in six months but there has been absolutely no change. I am patient...

When are you taking apart a few more 5k suits?

Soon. Apparently there is a Solito headed this way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads