Tailor performs miracle! News at 11.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Apr 21, 2006.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I can't believe it!! I sent my new Antonio Liverano suit jacket (requesting sleeves be shortened 1/4 inch and functional sleeve buttons created) and new Brioni tuxedo jacket (extend sleeves an earthshakin one and a half inches, and re-attach sleeve buttons) to my favorite tailor in Atlanta.

Not only did the Liverano jacket sleeves turn out perfectly (as always, they do GREAT work-- and I'm beginning to become a big fan of this Florentine-tailored label, LOTS of handwork and retails at over $3 grand at Saks), but SOMEHOW they also managed to remove the sleeve buttons of the tuxedo, completely re-work the lining and guts of the sleeves, to create functional sleeve buttons on my tuxedo, as well!! I was really surprised, had no idea that would be possible with that one.

I'm planning to have a suit made to measure by this great Atlanta tailor (Custom Clothing of Atlanta) in the winter or spring, during a work vacation-- not sure what they charge, but i think THIS will be my source for the perfect navy blue, medium weight, flat front trouser, double-vented conservative suit with soft shoulders [​IMG]

2. pgoat

pgoat Senior member

they seem to do great work - congrats on fonding a great sartorial partner!

3. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

Pictures, Foxx, pictures . . .

I can't believe it!! I sent my new Antonio Liverano suit jacket (requesting sleeves be shortened 1/4 inch and functional sleeve buttons created) and new Brioni tuxedo jacket (extend sleeves an earthshakin one and a half inches, and re-attach sleeve buttons) to my favorite tailor in Atlanta.

Not only did the Liverano jacket sleeves turn out perfectly (as always, they do GREAT work-- and I'm beginning to become a big fan of this Florentine-tailored label, LOTS of handwork and retails at over $3 grand at Saks), but SOMEHOW they also managed to remove the sleeve buttons of the tuxedo, completely re-work the lining and guts of the sleeves, to create functional sleeve buttons on my tuxedo, as well!! I was really surprised, had no idea that would be possible with that one.

I'm planning to have a suit made to measure by this great Atlanta tailor (Custom Clothing of Atlanta) in the winter or spring, during a work vacation-- not sure what they charge, but i think THIS will be my source for the perfect navy blue, medium weight, flat front trouser, double-vented conservative suit with soft shoulders [​IMG]

4. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Any ideas how much custom clothes charges for a suit?