Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tailor performs miracle! News at 11.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Apr 21, 2006.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I can't believe it!! I sent my new Antonio Liverano suit jacket (requesting sleeves be shortened 1/4 inch and functional sleeve buttons created) and new Brioni tuxedo jacket (extend sleeves an earthshakin one and a half inches, and re-attach sleeve buttons) to my favorite tailor in Atlanta.

Not only did the Liverano jacket sleeves turn out perfectly (as always, they do GREAT work-- and I'm beginning to become a big fan of this Florentine-tailored label, LOTS of handwork and retails at over $3 grand at Saks), but SOMEHOW they also managed to remove the sleeve buttons of the tuxedo, completely re-work the lining and guts of the sleeves, to create functional sleeve buttons on my tuxedo, as well!! I was really surprised, had no idea that would be possible with that one.

I'm planning to have a suit made to measure by this great Atlanta tailor (Custom Clothing of Atlanta) in the winter or spring, during a work vacation-- not sure what they charge, but i think THIS will be my source for the perfect navy blue, medium weight, flat front trouser, double-vented conservative suit with soft shoulders [​IMG]

2. pgoat

pgoat Senior member

they seem to do great work - congrats on fonding a great sartorial partner!

3. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

Pictures, Foxx, pictures . . .

I can't believe it!! I sent my new Antonio Liverano suit jacket (requesting sleeves be shortened 1/4 inch and functional sleeve buttons created) and new Brioni tuxedo jacket (extend sleeves an earthshakin one and a half inches, and re-attach sleeve buttons) to my favorite tailor in Atlanta.

Not only did the Liverano jacket sleeves turn out perfectly (as always, they do GREAT work-- and I'm beginning to become a big fan of this Florentine-tailored label, LOTS of handwork and retails at over $3 grand at Saks), but SOMEHOW they also managed to remove the sleeve buttons of the tuxedo, completely re-work the lining and guts of the sleeves, to create functional sleeve buttons on my tuxedo, as well!! I was really surprised, had no idea that would be possible with that one.

I'm planning to have a suit made to measure by this great Atlanta tailor (Custom Clothing of Atlanta) in the winter or spring, during a work vacation-- not sure what they charge, but i think THIS will be my source for the perfect navy blue, medium weight, flat front trouser, double-vented conservative suit with soft shoulders [​IMG]

4. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Any ideas how much custom clothes charges for a suit?