• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor (MTM) recommendations in Sydney

H3nrii

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been working in a legal service firm for almost 3 years, currently 26 and looking for a decent MTM tailor in Sydney. No idea about the budget for a two pieces suit. Probably $2,000 AUD max? Any recommendations gents? Thanks in advance.

dkats00

Reaction score
I've been very happy with P. Johnson for MTM. pjt.com

dkats00

Reaction score
thanks man. They are two shops in Syd. Where do you normally go and tailor you recommend?
I would imagine they are similar. I was speaking of pjt in general. I've been to the Melbourne showroom and been fitted. But I usually work with the New York guys.

Contango

Reaction score
Just wondering where do you get your suits from? If from the Suitshop, which tailor?

thanks
Suitshop doesn’t have any tailors in Australia. You get salesmen who will put one of their standard sizes on you and make recommendations about some changes, but they’re going off the standard block.

AFAIK all the construction is done by Munro in China (probably same factory that makes Suit Supply and Oscar Hunt).

H3nrii

Reaction score
Suitshop doesn’t have any tailors in Australia. You get salesmen who will put one of their standard sizes on you and make recommendations about some changes, but they’re going off the standard block.

AFAIK all the construction is done by Munro in China (probably same factory that makes Suit Supply and Oscar Hunt).
oh dear thanks for your info. who do you recommend?

Contango

Reaction score
oh dear thanks for your info. who do you recommend?
There’s nothing wrong with Suitshop, just be aware of what you’d be getting for your money - MTM isn’t bespoke tailoring.

I would have no problems buying from Suitshop again, although next time I think I’ll go SuitSupply custom made or MTM, and would also consider MJBale MTM. I’m not sure I could justify the price premium of Suitshop, although I may be proven wrong!

fox81

Reaction score
The Finery Company they had a recent promotion for bespoke suits for 2k.

is this with zing cheng? you ordered one from there?

ww chan does tour about twice a year. not sure what the pricing is like now. probably north of 2.5k

trunk tailors also visit from melb. they all get made in hong kong

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0EAC43C5-7C28-4C41-8CD4-4A385BD34140.jpeg
is this with zing cheng? you ordered one from there?

ww chan does tour about twice a year. not sure what the pricing is like now. probably north of 2.5k

trunk tailors also visit from melb. they all get made in hong kong

Yes from Zing Cheng I did ordered two suits I had my first fitting recently I was pleasantly surprised it fitted so well.

fox81

Reaction score
Yes from Zing Cheng I did ordered two suits I had my first fitting recently I was pleasantly surprised it fitted so well.

looks good. to be honest, i wasnt always keen on the tfc work from bntailor, even though the stuff directly from bntailor always looks good.

ps. you need to start carrying your bag on your other shoulder

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics