• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor-made suits over the internet?

nirav

Reaction score
I certainly don't advocate purchasing suits online, particularly if (physical) sight unseen, and from unfamiliar brands. However, I thought this was an interesting read.

The prices alone make it hard to believe that the end result would be anything close to this forum's standards but perhaps a guinea pig among us will give it a try...

http://www.indochino.com/

<begin TechCrunch article>
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/29...or-made-suits/

April 29 2008
IndoChino Offers Tailor-Made Suits
Duncan Riley

Canadian online retailer IndoChino offers a traditionally offline product, tailor-made suits.

In 2006, founder and then university student All Heikal Gani wanted a suit that looked good at a reasonable price but couldn't find anything he liked. "Designer suits were way too expensive, but the polyester suits he could afford were of poor quality and just didn't fit" is the official line, and as anyone who has purchased a suit knows, it's also 100% right. Gani wrote a business plan for tailor-made men's suits sold over the internet, then teamed up with fellow student Kyle Vucko to bring the idea to market.

The suits are sourced from China, with company maintaining an office in Shanghai to oversee production in addition to their head office in Victoria, British Columbia.

The site closed its second round last week from Burda Digital Ventures. Canadian investor Boris Wertz (W Media Ventures) led the original seed round.

Suits start at $199 (USD) and they would appear to ship outside of North America as well. There is advice on the site on how to obtain your measurements and each suit comes with a perfect fit guarantee.

<end TechCrunch article>

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not alot of selection and some of the names that they gicve the suits
lol8[1].gif

I didn't know that Goldman Sachs partners wear black suits with gold pinstripes.
bigstar[1].gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This blazer is truly nauseating

71TAGVZJ_The%20Skipper2.jpg

Wrenkin

Reaction score
There has been some discussion regarding Indochino in the past. Just search. I bought a suit from them. Not great, but better than what I'd get at retail for the money. If we had outlet stores in Canada, or even JAB, I might not have bothered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads