• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor lost RLBL suit pants - SOLVED?

Larson McCord

Reaction score
There was an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry lost a Yankees jersey or something at the cleaners and he was told it was the luck of the cleaners. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. He had never gotten anything and was not happy.

Someone is probably wearing those charcoal RLBL pants right now.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd check out the tailor's work and see if his suits are up to snuff. If he's really a quality bespoke tailor, then that's not a bad deal depending on how much under retail you got your suit for.

Regarding the RL MTM event, be careful: I've seen suits in RL that have subtly different fabrics but the same SKU numbers since they were the staple suits but from different seasons. It's also reasonable to think that for their basic charcoal they buy more than one lot of fabric, possibly from more than one source. So even if it's technically the same suit, it may be a bit off.

I think your options are limited to accepting the tailor's offer of a custom suit or having the tailor purchase you a new RLBL suit. I wouldn't monkey around with the others.

Jaggs

Reaction score
Came up to Charlotte to the Ralph Lauren store as they are having the MTM event and went over my issue with the General Manager. Fortunatley, I still have all the tags/codes/numbers on the jacket and left that with them so she had what she needed to get where we needed to be and I requested the just make me an exact replica of the existing Anthony pants. For all I know they will just pull a 40L drop 7 pair and send them off or make one extra pair...

She just called back after talking to her contact with MTM in corporate and they confirmed with Italy that we are a go for the dye match and fabric. Bill will be going to the tailor for $520. I could have just requested a replacement suit, but I wanted to do what I could to minimzie the burden on everone involved, so I'm satisifed...pending delivery!

mlongano

Reaction score
Wishing you the best of luck, but keep in mind that it "ain't over yet".

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, check eBay for a pair of orphaned pants. Just search "Ralph Lauren" go to pants and have a look. I've found (not that I needed them) spare pants to many of my RL suits NWT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads