• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor in Toronto?

WaterlooMike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenRose
Can anyone help me find a decent tailor in Toronto? I've done a search but had trouble finding anything recent.
Thanks in advance

+1, looking for bespoke.

EndlessBreak

Reaction score
For alterations, I've used Gino Scarano on Scollard Street in the Yorkville area. He is nearing retirement so doesn't create suits much anymore...but his alteration work has been good.

Mr_Elusive

Reaction score
Not a bespoke tailor but I've had great experience with Magic Tailor across the street from Eaton Centre on Yonge street.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
there are a few threads about this... For alterations: Antonio's in the Collonade on Bloor does excellent work. Bulloch Tailors on Colborne St (yonge b/w wellington and king) http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=83405 Jeans: http://www.sydneystoronto.com/ http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=22415 MTM: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=104594 Bespoke: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=182934 From what I've read, Don at Trend is higher priced but does excellent work and on premise and is also open to a little flair. 5th on King is basically a front for Asian MTM, looks nice but it's just measuring and then made in asian and shipped home where they may do some tweaking (they've moved btw). Spiros is cheap but rather boxy and boring and old school tailoring but styling too. Also, check the retail map, look for yellow markers - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=136187 How's that? Damn, I need me some Rep points...

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
+1 on Antonio's. I've had a bit of work done by them and it's always turned out well.

Looch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Elusive
Not a bespoke tailor but I've had great experience with Magic Tailor across the street from Eaton Centre on Yonge street.

This dude is awesome with alterations. I've been to a few place for alterations in the city and no one I've been to compares to Magic Tailor.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got some alternations back from Magic Tailor - first time using them and am happy with the results. I'll be back with more clothes.

I'll also recommend Studio Kim on King W but I've only used her for casual wear and to taper a few dress shirt sleeves. My wife has had her do some complicated alternations on dresses and she did great work.

gj555

Reaction score
I am due for a new suit and am satisfied with the MTM ones from Raji (or Raj). Will probably pay him a visit next month. For those who might be interested in his work, here are some photos of my last suit from him:

s4.jpg

s9.jpg

s5.jpg

s2.jpg

s7.jpg

s8.jpg

s3.jpg

s6.jpg

s10.jpg

s1.jpg

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
Thanks for posting this, gj555.

Just out of curiosity, why are you classifying this as MTM, what's the process like?

Multiple fittings and nice hand finishing work at the end. But, not sure I would call it bespoke as it is defined by this forum.

cromulated

Reaction score
5th on king's now called garrison bespoke; just east of yonge on wellington. there's also rego in the exchange tower at king + bay...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hmmm, do some searches on the forum for Raji's. I just looked them up after seeing an ad and there are a range of mixed reviews, my general impression is they're the worst kind of MTM tourist trap sort of thing. Salesmen before tailors. Now I don't speak from personal experience, granted.

Looking at the suit posted, I wouldn't use them myself to get that result (no offence). I think the lapels are on the wider side, the gorge is too low for my liking and the notch is too open. Could be camera angle but I think the pocket flaps are too big, sleeve openings definitely too wide, looks like it just hangs off the body around the hips, and I think the lining is a bit ugly and not nicely finished... but then that's just my $0.02. It's tough for me to say all this becuase it's great if you're happy with it, so don't take my points personally, it's just not a suit I would have been particularly happy with. My overall impression of these sort of chinese MTM jobs is that they get the measurements technically right, but completely lack any sort of styling which you'd get with a designer label. It's not armani's cut, nor Zegna's, nor Boss's, it fits pretty well but it's a bleh styling.

rottencanadian

Reaction score
Anybody used Old Mill Tailors? It's run by an old guy who used to be on Bloor I think, he has been at his current location for 15 years IIRC. Does bespoke from what I can tell, has a pile of H&S books, told me (bespoke) three pieces run about 1k$ depending on material. He also does excellent alterations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads