• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor in NYC

cloud9eleet

Reaction score
I tried search but got tired after several pages of irrelevant results. Can anyone recommend a tailor in Manhattan/Brooklyn? I need someone who can tailor some of the online purchases I have made. I have used the guy who is above CEGO before, not sure if anyone can recommend anyone else. I guess worst case I will just go back to this guy.

TIA.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cloud9eleet
I tried search but got tired after several pages of irrelevant results. Can anyone recommend a tailor in Manhattan/Brooklyn? I need someone who can tailor some of the online purchases I have made. I have used the guy who is above CEGO before, not sure if anyone can recommend anyone else. I guess worst case I will just go back to this guy.

TIA.

that tailor s now in the basment, and only comes to work ones or twice a week if even that much.
The guy in the flatiron district that I recommend is Cardalino. he is on broadway between 22-23rd. across the street from the flatiron building.
if you want to see vinnie again. I can get in touch with him.

Carl

chas

Reaction score
I have been very happy with Mahesh. I was referred to him by the Charles Tyrwhitt store almost a year ago and have used him many times since. For example, he hems my pants at an angle so that the break is perfect (lower on the heel). He knows what he is doing.

Broadway Midtown Tailors & Uniform
212-302-5113
750 8th Ave, 5th floor
New York, NY

JordanB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
that tailor s now in the basment, and only comes to work ones or twice a week if even that much.
The guy in the flatiron district that I recommend is Cardalino. he is on broadway between 22-23rd. across the street from the flatiron building.
if you want to see vinnie again. I can get in touch with him.

Carl

I'll second Carl's recommendation. They always do a good job and they're well priced. And in case you need to look it up, it's actually spelled Cardelino.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there some reason this info hasn't been put into a more accessible, perhaps searchable format, say, on the wiki page?

If not, can someone who knows how to do it PM me so I can get on it. My numerous time-consuming searches on subjects like these have not only driven me back to Google, but also yielded some wrong information (one of the Mr. Ned's postings had the wrong address, wrong crossstreets and wrong suite number).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If for some reason you don't like the search function here (works fine for me), you can use google and include "site:styleforum.net" in your query

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
If for some reason you don't like the search function here (works fine for me), you can use google and include "site:styleforum.net" in your query

It's not that I don't like the search function, it's more like when you're looking for particular information, esp. about NYC people, it's really inefficient to have to read through one post after another, rather than just having a list posted. I would think someone would've gotten tired of posting so-and-so's address over and over again, or saying, 'search for this thread and look for so-and-so's address there...' etc.

When I went looking for Mr. Ned, Inc., I found tons of of threads, and had to read through a few before I found his address listed. Even then, it was a 5 or 6-page thread, and the address was buried somewhere in the 3rd page.

I'm not really complaining: it just seems like this kind of question could be dealt with far more efficiently using the wiki page and other reference listings.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
Is there some reason this info hasn't been put into a more accessible, perhaps searchable format, say, on the wiki page?

If not, can someone who knows how to do it PM me so I can get on it. My numerous time-consuming searches on subjects like these have not only driven me back to Google, but also yielded some wrong information (one of the Mr. Ned's postings had the wrong address, wrong crossstreets and wrong suite number).

There are instructions in the wiki thread that is sticky'ed at the top of the Men's Clothing forum on how to login to the StyleForum wiki and make changes. The reason the tailoring info hasn't been put into a more accessible format is because no one has seen fit to do it.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ to Cardelino. I use him for all my basic tailoring. I am not quite comfortable with them to do anything more advanced, but for non-functioning sleeves, hems, and the like, or cheaper items i always use them.

If it is a more substantial job or expensive garment, I use Wilfreds.

Carl -- do you know anything about Flormount (sp?) Tailors on Union Square?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
+ to Cardelino. I use him for all my basic tailoring. I am not quite comfortable with them to do anything more advanced, but for non-functioning sleeves, hems, and the like, or cheaper items i always use them.

the old owners of Flormont tailors were pretty good. I am not sure who is running the place now.

Sorry I can not help you.

Carl

jleeo225

Reaction score

TIA.

Try Ercole Creative Fashions in Brooklyn. I've only used them for custom work, as opposed to alterations/tailoring of RTW stuff, but I am told that Ercole is really good at that, too.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
There are instructions in the wiki thread that is sticky'ed at the top of the Men's Clothing forum on how to login to the StyleForum wiki and make changes. The reason the tailoring info hasn't been put into a more accessible format is because no one has seen fit to do it.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I'm relatively new here. I'll start working on it.

cloud9eleet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra

So do you think Cardelino would be suitable to take a jacket from 44L to 42L?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So do you think Cardelino would be suitable to take a jacket from 44L to 42L?

Do you want him to remove and reset the sholders?
that is a big job, He could do it. If it is just taking in the body and maybe tighting up the collar no problem there.

Carl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads