• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor in greenwich, ct?

AAA

Reaction score
Hi,

Just moved to CT, and just found this forum.  Can anyone recommend a good tailor (preferably great.) in Greenwich, Stamford or the surrounding area?

I would like to avoid the whole trial and error process if possible.  

Thanks

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
AA:

Are you looking for a good specialty store to shop at, someone to do alterations from time to time, or a custom clothier?

I can help with all of the above.....

AAA

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. You run a great forum. I was actually looking for someone to do alterations. I always get a couple of nice shirts for xmas and usually need to get the sleeves shortened a bit.

What specialty stores do you recommend? I have been in Richard's once, but was treated pretty poorly by the staff. I guess they didn't like how I was dressed.

What custom clothiers do you recommend? Some friends have told me that Leonard Logsdail in NYC is the place for suits, and Kabbaz is where I should get my shirts. Someone else recommended Ascott Chang and the Borrelli store (I didn't even know they had their own store) for shirts. Getting down to NYC during business hours is a total pain, so I would love to find someone local. Of course if I could save a bunch of money that would be icing on the cake.

Thanks again.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend Fairfield Clothiers, up the road just a piece in Fairfield. Web site is www.suityourself.com. (Damned if I can figure out how to insert a hyperlink into these replies.)Naresh Mansukhani gave me the best walk in customer service I received in any mens store I visited while doing research for my book. For specialty stores, Family Britches in New Canaan is another possibility. I had a similar experience at Richards, but based on other people I talked to, and their consisitently high ratings in Robb Report and elsewhere, you and I seem to be the exception, rather than the rule. I've got a whole slew of favorite places in NYC in addition to the ones you've already mentioned. E-mail me off list if you'd like them. Also my web site will be up in another week or so, and you'll be able to go there and search directly. Thanks for your comments about the Forum. However, I only moderate it, J runs it and does an awfully good job behind the scenes. And regular posters like LA Guy, P Stoller and SO MANY others make it such a great place to be.

AAA

Reaction score
Would you recommend Fairfield Clothiers to do alterations on items that were not purchased at their store? I know that some places don't really like doing that.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they wouldn't,but I'd call them first.

CTpinstripe

Reaction score
Fairfield Clothiers - great store.
I had alterations done at Deckers in Norwalk once or twice they might be a bit more liberal with the alteration policy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads