Tailor in DC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by danpeake, Jul 13, 2010.

1. danpeake

danpeake Member

Hello - I bought a Paul Smith suit and some other items on a recent trip to London and while I wanted to get them tailored there, I didn't have time for them to them around and get it back to me before I left. So, does anyone have a good recommendation for a tailor in the DC area? If it matters, I'll want to get the sleeves let out of the jacket and the trousers hemmed. DC metro area is fine.

Thanks for your help and advice.

2. dfischer1

dfischer1 Active Member

Hello - I bought a Paul Smith suit and some other items on a recent trip to London and while I wanted to get them tailored there, I didn't have time for them to them around and get it back to me before I left. So, does anyone have a good recommendation for a tailor in the DC area? If it matters, I'll want to get the sleeves let out of the jacket and the trousers hemmed. DC metro area is fine.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Do's in Georgetown gets my vote, but there are many threads on tailors around DC if you're in the suburbs.

DF

3. asnexprss

asnexprss Well-Known Member

Fields on Wisconsin Ave. - not cheap but good

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I also endorse Field's on Wisconsin in Georgetown. Very good work.

5. sammy

sammy Senior member

I also endorse Field's on Wisconsin in Georgetown. Very good work.

+3 Field's is the best in the area. I take all my alterations to William. He's also made a number of bespoke items for me.

6. J. Cogburn

J. Cogburn Senior member

Tell me more about the bespoke work that Will has done for you and your take on his work. I am thinking of commissioning my first bespoke suit from Will next month but I have had more than one person who has commissioned work from him council me otherwise. Of course, I've heard much praise as well.