• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor-Fit Hoodies

Dare

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can hoodies be tailor-fit? Should they be tailor-fit? I'd imagine if I took a hoodie to a tailor, the result might look a bit wierd.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Ther are a lot of really nice slim-fit hoodies on the market. Unless you really love your existing hoodie, it's probably just as cheap to get a new one.

Brian SD

Reaction score
The idea of a tailor-fit hoodie is a bit weird to me, because hoodies should be wrinkly, a little too tight or a little too loose, a little short or a little long.. Do you get my drift? I guess the point is that like jeans, hoodies shouldn't really be a perfect fitfor your body - it would just look a little.. odd.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that they should look kind of off, but even those may be difficult to find. If you take it to a tailor to get it close, but not perfect, the result could look better than most anything you can get off the rack. If you need it, that is.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I guess that would be the failproof way of getting what you want, but I think OTR is the more "proper" method for getting hoodies. With streetwear, it's part of the style to wear it how your designer planned for it to fit.

Anyway Rag&Bone did a hoodie for SS06, I would bet that it's one of the best fitting hoodies out there. Dont let the abysmal fits on their website fool you. In real life, theyre 1000x better. I'm betting at around $160 for it, but could be more or less.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If by tailored you mean fitted, Spruce does a good fitted hoodie (both the slim and classic fits are actually quite fitted), as does Edun if you size down one (otherwise, they fit really large all over.) As mentioned, Rag & Bone does a good fitted hoodie as well. The Acne MATs hoodie is also quite fitted, as are most Dior Homme models, if you want to go the designer route. Rogan, for F/W 2005-2006, did a fitted hoodie that bore a striking resemblance to the black Spruce Tiger Fleece, at roughly 2.2x the price. DSquared does hoodie with really stupid Appliques and charge $400+ for them. Prada Sport sells sub Patagonia quality fleece hoodies (Patagonia hoodies sell for about $80, and have some fited models) for about $300-$500. At the lower end of the price spectrum American Apparel does a fitted hoodie - both zip and pull over. There are many other brands to choose from as well...

But I agree 100% with Brian. Hoodies should not fit you as well as a suit. It would just look wierd.

Babar

Reaction score
Acne has a new hoodie for SS06 (the name escapes me though). It's pretty unique and very "designer"; long and slim body, a tight elastic band at the bottom, and buttoned pockets. I think 'Mats' has been discontinued but if you can still find it, it's a very good buy. I really like some of the stuff Dior and Prada Sport has put out too, such as this one. If only they had made it in this dye.
blush.gif

Antler4641

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get my hands on one of those Rag and Bone hoodies? Or a Spruce for that matter? Or any well-fitting, well-constructed, dark colored sweatshirt? Steven Alan only had Spruce in yellow and light blue, which was kind of a bummer.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jiomitori
Does anyone know where I could get my hands on one of those Rag and Bone hoodies? Or a Spruce for that matter? Or any well-fitting, well-constructed, dark colored sweatshirt? Steven Alan only had Spruce in yellow and light blue, which was kind of a bummer.

Steven Alan had a Black Spruce hoodie, but I guess that they sold out... bummer. You might want to check Nom de Guerre or Odin. Odin carries Rag & Bne as well, AFAIK.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty gaudy. Might go with those shoes you like.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Oh no, please don't. Salvage, Grail, and Drifter are having a contest for most cliched hoodie, and that one is in the running.
I think Abercrombie has already copied it.

Dare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Pretty gaudy. Might go with those shoes you like.

Ouch ;/

I avoid brown with black :s

What's the cliche? Black hoodie loose fit with print?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dare
Ouch ;/

I avoid brown with black :s

What's the cliche? Black hoodie loose fit with print?

Cliches? Um, we are talking about a hoodie (not that loose fitting, btw, imo), with an eagle, stars, a pierced heart, and banner on the front, and wings, a skulled figure, a motorcycle, and some crap text about some fake biker gang in gothic font on the back. My question is, what else could they put on there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads