1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tailor Expertise Level- Letting the thigh out

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Bill H, May 23, 2016.

1. Bill H

Bill H Well-Known Member

Hi Men,

I am in need of some assistance. I have a pair of higher end suit pants that are a little too tight in the thigh. The pants have extra material on both sides (i.e., medial and lateral) so I believe I can increase the thigh width. The question is, how much skill does the tailor need to pull this off? In other words, can I use my local tailor who is known to do a good job with relatively straightforward jobs, but unknown for more complicated work, or do I wait to return to NYC and have a high level tailor do it?

Thank you of course for your thoughts,
    Bill

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hi Bill,

I am going to move this thread to Menswear Advice, where it may get more attention, and an answer for you.

ime, a good alterations tailor can take in or let out pants - a fairly standard job.

3. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

Most clothing tailors can adjust waist, seat, and thigh pretty easy as long as there is enough material to support the seam.

4. Bill H

Bill H Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the help men.

5. wendell

wendell New Member

Does anyone know where I can find these [​IMG]