• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor (alterations) in Brussels area?

pe-ja-per

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know of a good tailor in the Brussels area? The tailor in the village where I live is about to retire. I have never actually required more of him than the occasional alteration (finishing trouser cuffs mostly). I am skeptical at best about his expertise. At one point he looked askance at the basting thread in a pair of Ralph Lauren unfinished cords and asked me if I'd actually bought it like that. He seemed to imply I was crazy to pay good money for trousers with loose threads...
I would be glad to hear of a good tailor who could also advise me about fit etc., and who could take on more elaborate alteration work.
Apologies to the North-American contingent of SF for using up space with this!
Many thanks in advance.

Ixelles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pe-ja-per
Hello,
Does anyone know of a good tailor in the Brussels area? The tailor in the village where I live is about to retire. I have never actually required more of him than the occasional alteration (finishing trouser cuffs mostly). I am skeptical at best about his expertise. At one point he looked askance at the basting thread in a pair of Ralph Lauren unfinished cords and asked me if I'd actually bought it like that. He seemed to imply I was crazy to pay good money for trousers with loose threads...
I would be glad to hear of a good tailor who could also advise me about fit etc., and who could take on more elaborate alteration work.
Apologies to the North-American contingent of SF for using up space with this!
Many thanks in advance.

I've got one for you, around the corner from the Conrad Hotel. Don't know the exact address but I'm passing tomorrow so I'll check. The apparently do all the alterations for the overpriced flagship Canali
rolleyes.gif
store round the corner and for a number of the other boutiques in the Louise area. I've had trousers, jackets and a shirt altered there with good results.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ixelles
I've got one for you, around the corner from the Conrad Hotel. Don't know the exact address but I'm passing tomorrow so I'll check. The apparently do all the alterations for the overpriced flagship Canali
rolleyes.gif
store round the corner and for a number of the other boutiques in the Louise area. I've had trousers, jackets and a shirt altered there with good results.

I just walked by that shop today, but don't recall the name. I also posted a tailor request so I was wondering if he was any good.

We should have a Brussels meet-up. Seems like there's at least 4 or 5 of us here.

pe-ja-per

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I shall keep it in mind when next I am in need of a tailor. I fear, in that particular area, they will charge considerably more than the 10 euros my local tailor asks for finishing trouser cuffs...

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I just walked by that shop today, but don't recall the name. I also posted a tailor request so I was wondering if he was any good.

We should have a Brussels meet-up. Seems like there's at least 4 or 5 of us here.

Indeed, and the number seems to grow.

Ixelles

Reaction score
It's called Studio Couture on Rue de BontÃ
00a9.png
. They are apparently owned by the guy who has the Canali store (IIMSC) and he has 2-3 people working in there. There are always a bunch of Canali, Corneliani and Belvest things on the alterations rack. Considering the area, they're not too expensive (had suit pants shortened & sleeves shortened for about EUR30) and seem pretty good, but as always, be very clear what you want.

Brussels meet-up could be fun.

Ashe

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm also wondering about a good tailor in the Brussels area. Well, not necessarily only in the Brussels area but in Vilvoorde, Antwerp, ...

I've read that Oger (known in the Netherlands) recently opened a store in Antwerp. When i came ome from work yesterday I saw that in Vilvoorde we have "Gentlemen's" with a lot of suits (Boss, Armani, ...). I know these are typically of lower quality than a real decent tailor that does MTM but anyway, we need to start somewhere.

I'm planning a visit to "Gentlemen's" in Vilvoorde this Saturday and possibly next week or weekend to Oger in Antwerp. I don't even have a suit and seen the fact I'm in a wheelchair it will be pretty hard to have a "perfect fit" like so many here on the board. Nevertheless I'm going in and will see where I end up. :)

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ixelles

Brussels meet-up could be fun.

Everyone must promise to speak English though - I've discovered I don't know nearly as much French as I thought
smile.gif

Giacometi

Reaction score
hi i'll be in brussels next week. Can someone recommend the best shirtmaker in brussels that could make a shirt within 3 days? thank you in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads