Tags on Pocket Squares

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fonzie24, Apr 18, 2013.

1. fonzie24

fonzie24 Member

So I have several pocket squares. Most of them have hand rolled edges and they all have tags on them that say what material they are made of (100% Silk)

My question to you guys is, do you keep those tags on your squares or do you gently remove them? The reason I ask is because sometimes the tag sticks out of my breast pocket when I'm wearing them and I don't like the look so I am considering removing the tags unless there are reasons against it.

Let me know your preferences one way or the other and give me your reasoning for it.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. fonzie24

fonzie24 Member

Spoo, your post is reaffirming my initial thought that I should not tamper with the material. Whenever, the tag shows I just simply take the square out, rearrange it and shove it back into my pocket. It's a minor inconvenience but I guess it's better than removing the tag.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sorry, that was the perfect lob for those pics.

Seriously, I leave all those tags on my squares and tuck that side in first.

5. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

I do same as Spoo with PSs. I remove the tag from scarves though.