Tag Heuer watch decision

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by allanb10, Oct 20, 2006.

1. allanb10

allanb10 Active Member

you can always buy seperate straps. you really should be posting this in the timezone forum. they can tell you a lot more.

Ok, sorry, I'll start up a thread over there

2. allanb10

allanb10 Active Member

So the black face was more popular here than the white face? Both with the ss band and the brown leather strap idea?

3. allanb10

allanb10 Active Member

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

The Carerra is one of my fav watches from Tag, and probably the only one I wear on a fairly regular basis. I have a F1 as well, which I just wear when I want something that I don't mind getting beat up.

5. SieurDeLaSalle

SieurDeLaSalle Senior member

6. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Steer clear of the two-tone. That's a nice photo but they don't look good on the wrist.

7. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

I'm a big fan of the Carrera's simplicity. As many have said, I also would steer clear of the two-tone. Personally, I think a silver face is a bit more versatile than the black face.

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I like the first one best. [​IMG]

That classic look should work well with everything and be easily used for decades.

9. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

The first one, hands down.
    I've been looking for a similar one for a while in a slightly lower price bracket.

10. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Out of the watches you picked the Carrera is probably the nicest. FYI, in college, or within most social circles people can identify Rolex, Omega, Movado, and TAG Heuer as "expensive" watch brands. That's it. The budget and value brands discussed on the Poor Man's Watch Forum and Timezone are basing their value assessment on mixture of horological movement, construction/materials, and aesthetic/brand reputation. I've had far more compliments on a stainless steel Fossil that I wore in college and while teaching simply because its "shiny." In contrast, tool watches from the likes of IWC, Sinn, Kobold, etc., will garner nary a glance.

11. allanb10

allanb10 Active Member

I will be going to Reeds today to see how these watches look on my wrist. I will let you know my decision tonight.

12. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Post some pics Allan. [​IMG]

13. Gentleman8

Gentleman8 Member

I have a Tag WK1110.BA0317 which I bought in 1998 and worn almost daily since. The crystal doesn't have a single scratch, and I changed the battery for the first time last year.

Of course it's neither a dress watch nor a high-end watch but it's a damn good watch. If you like it, go for it!

14. allanb10

allanb10 Active Member

Before going to Reeds today, I got sidetracked and ended up getting a fine and court date...there goes some of my watch money.....watch now has to wait...

15. Stu

Stu Senior member

Steer clear of the two-tone. That's a nice photo but they don't look good on the wrist.

I agree that that 2-tone just seems a bit too much. But the favorite watch in my modest collection is an Omega Constellation with alternating gold and stainless steel links.

As for Tags in general, they are not big among the IWS crowd, but I love my Series 2000 sport watch with the blue face. I wear it constantly.