Tacky jacket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Aquahelix, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Aquahelix

Aquahelix Member

Hi guys, new here. I've check this site before and notice that theres some good advice to be had here, so I have a question. I recently came upon a purshase of this jacket. Very unique looking, the texture is like a work of art. Only one thing kinda bugged me. On the back has the name of the label on it. I always that the people who wear clothing with the name of the label on it was uh....tacky and what not. But I figured that in this case, the stuff in the back is "part" of the image of the actual item, but im not so sure now. What do you think? Is it too "over the top" ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I'm wondering why you purchased an oversized hoodie with some fancy stuff on it... [​IMG]

3. Aquahelix

Aquahelix Member

I'm wondering why you purchased an oversized hoodie with some fancy stuff on it... [​IMG]

Because I don't have a hoodie. I was wondering too... might as well go all out, I couldn't help myself [​IMG]

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I dunno. It seems pretty tasteless if you want my honest opinion. Russell Athletic makes a good hoodie at probably a tenth of the price you paid. [​IMG]

5. Aureus

Aureus Senior member

I would never have bought that, the back is so utterly over the top and label-whoreish... If you can remove it without damaging the jacket it'd look fine as a hoodie and the material does look intersting. But I'd never buy a hoody anyway...

6. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Eh. I don't get the anti-hoodyism here. No one has said they should be worn with a suit (besides GQ).

7. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I think it is garish, especially with that awful electric blue paisey shirt in the last picture. The "thing", it can't be art, is truly ugly, but I doubt you can take it off without destroying the hoodie.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Was that bought NWT? I'm not a versace guy but I'm pretty sure the Gianni Versace label is long gone, and that they no longer use the medusa. I have a friend that bought a "versace" shirt with the same kind of tacky-ass logo stitched on the back. Anyway, you asked so I'll tell you... That is the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Burn it.

9. Aureus

Aureus Senior member

Eh. I don't get the anti-hoodyism here. No one has said they should be worn with a suit (besides GQ).
    I'm not anti hoody, I just don't like them personally. Wear them if you want. But there is no way in hell that that 'garment' is nothing but a vulgar heap.

10. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Hi guys, new here. I've check this site before and notice that theres some good advice to be had here, so I have a question. I recently came upon a purshase of this jacket. Very unique looking, the texture is like a work of art. Only one thing kinda bugged me. On the back has the name of the label on it. I always that the people who wear clothing with the name of the label on it was uh....tacky and what not. But I figured that in this case, the stuff in the back is "part" of the image of the actual item, but im not so sure now. What do you think? Is it too "over the top" ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jesus christ super star...

11. abc123

abc123 Senior member

Oh my. Yeah, its pretty bad.

12. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

It's a fashion victim jacket that is lacking in style.

13. VMan

VMan Senior member

Wasn't the retail on that piece something like $2,800? The punched fabric suggests it would be.

I remember seeing a cotton bath robe with a similar design on the back (though just embroidered) for $895.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Is that suede?

I like the shirt.

15. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Is that suede?

I like the shirt.

Yes the shirt in a different context is rather inviting. Don't know what I'd do about a tie, but peeking out of a dark suit, those colors could be kinda fun.