1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tab collar

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SkinnyGoomba, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

[​IMG]

I like it, picking one up this week.

I'm unsure of what to wear it with other than wool business suits, I'm thinking possibly linen as well.

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Tony Leung owns this look better than anyone. I've already committed to the spread collar as my look, so I can't back out now. Which is too bad, because I love the tab collar. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=collar The problem with the tab is that if you plan on having your shirts double as with-tie and sans-tie, it looks sloppy sans-tie.

3. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I used to be big on these. Would also wear them with blazers or sharply finished odd jackets. I now have one that gets any wear, and not that often. I don't think it looks all that great with my crane neck and pillar-shaped head.

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

don't like tab collars. If you wear it, I would probably stick with RLBL type of suits

5. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Much maligned Flusser says to find one or at most two collars that work for your face and stick with them. For me it's the medium spread and the long point BD.

6. SkinnyGoomba

don't like tab collars. If you wear it, I would probably stick with RLBL type of suits
    Done deal. I'll pick one up and report back with the results, if it doesnt look good it's just a failed experiment. I'm getting bored with spreads and button downs. Thanks fellas!

7. romafan

romafan Senior member

rearely see tab collars these days. SG - what is the closing mechanism? i think most are snaps, but i had a couple paul stuarts where the tabs each had a buttonhole-like slit. the top button position on the shirt had the same get up, and a post stud served as the top button and the tabs fastened over it as well.

8. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Paul Frederick is the only RTW shirtmaker that regularly offers tab collars (some use snaps other used buttons as the closure mechanism).

9. SkinnyGoomba

Paul Frederick is the only RTW shirtmaker that regularly offers tab collars (some use snaps other used buttons as the closure mechanism).

Ralph Lauren Douglas collar.

10. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

I picked up an Eton shirt recently that has a tab collar. I quite like it...it gives a little different look.

11. wiseaufilms

wiseaufilms Member

Agree with the sentiment that you really need a tie to pull it off

12. SkinnyGoomba

Agree with the sentiment that you really need a tie to pull it off

I thought that was a given.

13. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

14. SkinnyGoomba

rearely see tab collars these days. SG - what is the closing mechanism? i think most are snaps, but i had a couple paul stuarts where the tabs each had a buttonhole-like slit. the top button position on the shirt had the same get up, and a post stud served as the top button and the tabs fastened over it as well.

Button closure, I can't recall having ever seen anyone wear one, but that wont stop me.

15. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

stay away from wider ties :/

16. Animal Farm

Animal Farm Member

I think Tom Ford does as well.