• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tab collar

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like it, picking one up this week.

I'm unsure of what to wear it with other than wool business suits, I'm thinking possibly linen as well.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tony Leung owns this look better than anyone. I've already committed to the spread collar as my look, so I can't back out now. Which is too bad, because I love the tab collar. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=collar The problem with the tab is that if you plan on having your shirts double as with-tie and sans-tie, it looks sloppy sans-tie.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to be big on these. Would also wear them with blazers or sharply finished odd jackets. I now have one that gets any wear, and not that often. I don't think it looks all that great with my crane neck and pillar-shaped head.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Much maligned Flusser says to find one or at most two collars that work for your face and stick with them. For me it's the medium spread and the long point BD.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
don't like tab collars. If you wear it, I would probably stick with RLBL type of suits
Done deal. I'll pick one up and report back with the results, if it doesnt look good it's just a failed experiment. I'm getting bored with spreads and button downs. Thanks fellas!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rearely see tab collars these days. SG - what is the closing mechanism? i think most are snaps, but i had a couple paul stuarts where the tabs each had a buttonhole-like slit. the top button position on the shirt had the same get up, and a post stud served as the top button and the tabs fastened over it as well.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Frederick is the only RTW shirtmaker that regularly offers tab collars (some use snaps other used buttons as the closure mechanism).

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Paul Frederick is the only RTW shirtmaker that regularly offers tab collars (some use snaps other used buttons as the closure mechanism).

Ralph Lauren Douglas collar.

Bentley

Reaction score
I picked up an Eton shirt recently that has a tab collar. I quite like it...it gives a little different look.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SkinnyGoomba;3423296 said:

I like it, picking one up this week.

I'm unsure of what to wear it with other than wool business suits, I'm thinking possibly linen as well.[/QUOTE

I don´t like it, prefer club collar or pin collar better than this one for eccentricism .

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
rearely see tab collars these days. SG - what is the closing mechanism? i think most are snaps, but i had a couple paul stuarts where the tabs each had a buttonhole-like slit. the top button position on the shirt had the same get up, and a post stud served as the top button and the tabs fastened over it as well.

Button closure, I can't recall having ever seen anyone wear one, but that wont stop me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's