• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T-Shirts

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have recently developed yet another clothing habit...

Where would I find reasonably priced soft cotton vintage or uniquely designed T-shirts?

If online, how do I determine fit? When I try them on in the store, depending on the fit I'm either an X- or XX-L.

TIA.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I have recently developed yet another clothing habit...

Where would I find reasonably priced soft cotton vintage or uniquely designed T-shirts?

If online, how do I determine fit? When I try them on in the store, depending on the fit I'm either an X- or XX-L.

TIA.

Hey Steve,

What is "reasonably" priced? If soft is your sole criterion, and you are looking for basic, non graphic tees, you don't get much softer than James Perse tees. A little cheaper, and with more color options, C&C California tees are very soft. Joie tees are also very soft, but they are not particularly durable.

For a decent selection of graphic tees, check out our affiliate, active endeavors, and remember that*the really high prices are -20% if you use our coupon. It looks like they are not going to carry Kenzo Minami tees anymore, which is really too bad, because his tees were some of the more original ones out there. For a bargain, check out the summer 2005 tees on www.breakbeatscience.com. Super soft, reasonably durable, some interesting designs, and good prices ($35 or less).

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Fok:

You are a bad, bad boy.

Thanks!
smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as the softness quotent Im not sure how these rank as they feel like a normal Tee, but I like some of the designs that threadless.com, palmercash.com, and spreadshirt.com have

sbbbjm

Reaction score
american apparel's tri-blend is incredibly soft. i've made it a point to wash it hard and often and its starting to get see through and tattered on the neck and sleeve -- all while keeping its original shape. it look like something i bought at the vintage store.

keep in mind though it won't wear out that quickly though. i've just been purposefully hard on it.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Softness is what I'm looking for. I have plenty of T-shirts with a regular hand. Ideally, I'd like to pay $40 or less, but there are some great deals on breakbeat, and a couple of pieces I'd pay more for on Active Endeavors.

Am not interested in solid colors.

Hoodie (maybe 2) and jacket next for winter. Not much winter here in SA- will depend how much I'm traveling.

Thanks for your continued help, guys.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with Adam + Eve tees? I like the way the fit looks, and I like the colors, but I'm scared the small/size 1 might be too short for me.

To contribute something, I find Alternative Apparel to be much softer than your standard cheap cotton tee. This would be a great low cost option, if any of you guys out there don't want to spend $30+ on a blank tee. Also Hanes makes a stretch tee that is really, really soft. They're just a couple bucks at Target, in the undershirt section. VERY slim fitting.

2000dB

Reaction score
LA Guy, I agree with you, Kenzo Minami's tees are really nice, but they're so pricey.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys!

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like chateau roux's tees. a bit pricey, but the nicest ive ever worn. they use a 50/50 cotton and modal blend, and they are cut and sew. high quality printing, materials, and construction. i have the tower, marylin, and should be getting the chique soon. http://www.chateauroux.co.uk/

twin8885

Reaction score
rocknclothing.com they use a custom blank, its great.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hey Steve,

What is "reasonably" priced? If soft is your sole criterion, and you are looking for basic, non graphic tees, you don't get much softer than James Perse tees. A little cheaper, and with more color options, C&C California tees are very soft. Joie tees are also very soft, but they are not particularly durable.

For a decent selection of graphic tees, check out our affiliate, active endeavors, and remember that*the really high prices are -20% if you use our coupon. It looks like they are not going to carry Kenzo Minami tees anymore, which is really too bad, because his tees were some of the more original ones out there. For a bargain, check out the summer 2005 tees on www.breakbeatscience.com. Super soft, reasonably durable, some interesting designs, and good prices ($35 or less).

Is there a way to tell which ones were from summer 05?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads