T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Steve B., Aug 27, 2006.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I have recently developed yet another clothing habit...

Where would I find reasonably priced soft cotton vintage or uniquely designed T-shirts?

If online, how do I determine fit? When I try them on in the store, depending on the fit I'm either an X- or XX-L.

TIA.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have recently developed yet another clothing habit...

Where would I find reasonably priced soft cotton vintage or uniquely designed T-shirts?

If online, how do I determine fit? When I try them on in the store, depending on the fit I'm either an X- or XX-L.

TIA.

Hey Steve,

What is "reasonably" priced? If soft is your sole criterion, and you are looking for basic, non graphic tees, you don't get much softer than James Perse tees. A little cheaper, and with more color options, C&C California tees are very soft. Joie tees are also very soft, but they are not particularly durable.

For a decent selection of graphic tees, check out our affiliate, active endeavors, and remember that*the really high prices are -20% if you use our coupon. It looks like they are not going to carry Kenzo Minami tees anymore, which is really too bad, because his tees were some of the more original ones out there. For a bargain, check out the summer 2005 tees on www.breakbeatscience.com. Super soft, reasonably durable, some interesting designs, and good prices ($35 or less).

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Fok:

You are a bad, bad boy.

Thanks! [​IMG]

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

As far as the softness quotent Im not sure how these rank as they feel like a normal Tee, but I like some of the designs that threadless.com, palmercash.com, and spreadshirt.com have

5. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

american apparel's tri-blend is incredibly soft. i've made it a point to wash it hard and often and its starting to get see through and tattered on the neck and sleeve -- all while keeping its original shape. it look like something i bought at the vintage store.

keep in mind though it won't wear out that quickly though. i've just been purposefully hard on it.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Softness is what I'm looking for. I have plenty of T-shirts with a regular hand. Ideally, I'd like to pay $40 or less, but there are some great deals on breakbeat, and a couple of pieces I'd pay more for on Active Endeavors.

Am not interested in solid colors.

Hoodie (maybe 2) and jacket next for winter. Not much winter here in SA- will depend how much I'm traveling.

Thanks for your continued help, guys.

7. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

Any of you guys have experience with Adam + Eve tees? I like the way the fit looks, and I like the colors, but I'm scared the small/size 1 might be too short for me.

To contribute something, I find Alternative Apparel to be much softer than your standard cheap cotton tee. This would be a great low cost option, if any of you guys out there don't want to spend $30+ on a blank tee. Also Hanes makes a stretch tee that is really, really soft. They're just a couple bucks at Target, in the undershirt section. VERY slim fitting.

8. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

LA Guy, I agree with you, Kenzo Minami's tees are really nice, but they're so pricey.

9. c55

c55 Senior member

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Thanks for all the help guys!

11. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i really like chateau roux's tees. a bit pricey, but the nicest ive ever worn. they use a 50/50 cotton and modal blend, and they are cut and sew. high quality printing, materials, and construction. i have the tower, marylin, and should be getting the chique soon. http://www.chateauroux.co.uk/

12. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

rocknclothing.com they use a custom blank, its great.

13. dusty

dusty Senior member

Hey Steve,

What is "reasonably" priced? If soft is your sole criterion, and you are looking for basic, non graphic tees, you don't get much softer than James Perse tees. A little cheaper, and with more color options, C&C California tees are very soft. Joie tees are also very soft, but they are not particularly durable.

For a decent selection of graphic tees, check out our affiliate, active endeavors, and remember that*the really high prices are -20% if you use our coupon. It looks like they are not going to carry Kenzo Minami tees anymore, which is really too bad, because his tees were some of the more original ones out there. For a bargain, check out the summer 2005 tees on www.breakbeatscience.com. Super soft, reasonably durable, some interesting designs, and good prices ($35 or less).

Is there a way to tell which ones were from summer 05?

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Is there a way to tell which ones were from summer 05?

It says in the description.