1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

T-Shirts that LAST

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ryvac, Mar 7, 2011.

1. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

I liked them a lot, fit was very snug, sleeves were a good length and the neck hole never stretched out. On that note I notice they changed something recently because the new pack I purchased fit very small and the neck hole seemed much wider.

2. apz06

apz06 Well-Known Member

Lacoste is my fav, then Boss Orange, Then Polo. . I got like 10 polo tee's for the gym at macys on sale for like 9 bucks a pop. Cant go wrong!

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

I'm a big fan of uniqlo's premium cotton t-shirts but it looks like they dont make them anymore (on the UK uniqlo site anyway). for anyone that might be interested, their new normal t-shirts on the UK site (not the dry packaged ones) are 100% cotton and fit the same as the premium cotton ones did (maybe slightly longer sleeves) but the cotton they're made of isn't as nice. Haven't noticed any shrinking from the wash either, though i dont tumble dry anything other than underwear and socks.

i have a 40" chest, 31" waist and wear a size small (a bit tight in the chest and arms, but a quick stretch when i put it on sorts it out. worth it for something that isn't baggy in the waist)

4. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

We don't have Uniqlo in Canada. Ball sacks.

5. tanxp

tanxp Well-Known Member

NSIAP but Im a huge fan of the Jcrew jaspe t's. I have been slowly collecting the vnecks whenever they go on sale. The fit is great and not too heavy. Crazy thick t's dont work out well in the south as it's way too hot and humid. Theyre made with some kind of yarn so they have a somewhat loftier feel than normal tshirt cloth. They do twist a bit with a turn in the dryer, but it doesn't affect comfort in any way.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

JCrew tees are too short for me :( I have a few, but I'd much prefer them if they were about 2" longer, otherwise pretty decent since they can be had for cheap.

7. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

I have like 10 Uniqlo t-shirts - of all the mass market brands, they are the best on both price and performance.

James Perse T-shirts are solid. they come in at around $40-$60

I am going to throw my hat in here and recommend Everlane.
    The shirts are made in the same factories that James Perse uses in Los Angeles,
    and made of very similar or better fabric, and there's no retail store markup.

They cost $15. Supima or ringspun cotton, depending on the shirt.

They fit a bit slimmer than American Apparel, and 1/2 size smaller than J Crew in width, but are cut long.

www.everlane.com
    There's a waiting list (it's a startup), but if you PM me your email address that you sign up with, I will activate your account.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  8. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

I hope they ll add international shipping!

9. shaqin93

shaqin93 Active Member

Yea I do too. Those tees look rather good.

10. drewtronius

drewtronius Senior member

I like heavyweight tees for the most part ... Norse Projects- tend to use different blends/heathers, sometimes with graphics, other times subtle branding tags ... Original Fake stays on the more graphic side of things, offering heavyweight cotton tees for their canvas

11. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

Not by me. I'm a big fan of target's T's.

They're not perfect by any means. I find they're cut a little larger than I'd like around the waist and arms, but for the price I can't complain. Lots of great colors too. They're long enough for me, which can be a problem with a lot of t-shirts. For 8-10 dollars a pop, I don't have to worry too much about my cat putting a hole in one.

12. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Footlocker athletic tee's I love those.

13. hennree

hennree Senior member

Everlane looks good! Signed up...