• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T-Shirts that LAST

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
i like the basic tees from the banana republic outlet more than the ones in the regular stores. they fit me perfectly and the v is quite shallow.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the way Abercrombie stuff fits Alt Apparel (post hot wash) might suit your fancy)

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a shill, but I own probably 11 or so black WvG tees and they don't shrink in the wash, keep their shape, and are quite breathable. Other than my occasional graphic tees (MMM, Homage, etc.) I don't really wear any other tees.

ryvac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
If you like the way Abercrombie stuff fits Alt Apparel (post hot wash) might suit your fancy)

well I don't really like the way Abercrombie tess fit. (they're a bit too tight)
I just like the durability their cloth have. Man, they really last for a long time.
some tess I use for my sleeping cloth and literaly wash them everyday and still they hold up..
so I'm really looking for tees that can hold up like this and doesn't fit too tight...

but thanks anyway, I will check Alt Apparel out.

ataru

Reaction score
RRL and Unis are 2 brands that make great solid tees that hold up well. Neither is cheap though.

codetomorrow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryvac
well I don't really like the way Abercrombie tess fit. (they're a bit too tight)
I just like the durability their cloth have. Man, they really last for a long time.
some tess I use for my sleeping cloth and literaly wash them everyday and still they hold up..
so I'm really looking for tees that can hold up like this and doesn't fit too tight...

but thanks anyway, I will check Alt Apparel out.

How big are you? They have XXL which fit a 46"-48" chest no problem

ryvac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by codetomorrow
How big are you? They have XXL which fit a 46"-48" chest no problem

I'm a skinny 6'1 and wear a xl for abercrombie. xxl is too big tho. didn't know AA was that good so I'll definetly buy some shirts from them

about the BR shirts, I actually have a few Banana Republic fitted tees and they aren't that good.
they fit really nice but the quiality is poor. I got the bacon neck after washing them for like the 5th time...
eh.gif

scourage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ataru
RRL and Unis are 2 brands that make great solid tees that hold up well. Neither is cheap though.

what's the fit like on unis?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i buy all of my tshirts from j crew. work fine. have like 40.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about this the other day because i have so many band t-shirts that i wear (usually from bands from 10 years ago) and they're all crappy hanes quality, but eventually, it actually molds to you and finally after literally 10 years, they're wearing out. but that's 10 solid years of wear.

coldforge

Reaction score
My band made a bunch of t-shirts. I bet you could get a couple wears out of those.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something as thick as the A&F shirt but without the moose and without the sleeves being cut that short.

Any recs?

Are the American Apparrel shirts as thick?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads