1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

T-Shirts that LAST

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ryvac, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ryvac

ryvac Well-Known Member

Yes, we wear them everyday and buy them a lot so give me your opinion about them.
    So who do you think makes long lasting/quality T-Shirts? (graphic/non-graphic)

I personally like Abercrombie because their tees last forever.
    maybe it's because the vintage look, but the t-shirt I bought 5 years ago still looks as new.
    LRG, Hundereds, Stussy & Zoo York tees are ok.

Gap, BananaRepublic, Diesel, DC, RVCA, Billabong, Electic, Quicksilver, Volcom & O'neil are not that great....

UPDATE: So here is a list of tees recomended by two or more people on this forum. It seems like AA had the no.1 vote!

American Apparel Triblend Tees $22 -http://store.americanapparel.net/tr401.html

Abercrombie & Fitch Tees $22-http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/w...Id=13196&topCategoryId=12202&productId=335462

Unis Tees $48 -http://shop.unisnewyork.com/products/lee-sp11

Velve Sheen Tees 2 for $50-http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1559

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

Few of those brands make the actual shirt

3. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Must be loop-wheeled (10)

4. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I've been unhappy with my t-shirts for a long time but can't seem to find any that are thick and well made. The A&F shirts are thick but they have that damn moose logo and the fit on them is absurd. I've been tempted to try LL Bean's t-shirt, but they only have crew neck.

Where can I get good ones?

5. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

I like tshirts that have a tighter arm hole for a better fit, so what I do is get the Hanes perfect T and I taper the sleeves, seems to fit well and has lasted a while.

6. ryvac

ryvac Well-Known Member

oh Hanes...never even thought they sell quality shirts... for some reason I always though they were cheap stuff so I got to take a look at them. thanks

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

A triblends are probably my favorite now, the OG Helmut Lang shirts were pretty nice (high armholes and sleeves, good taper to the cut) but stupid expensive.

8. nsimp

nsimp Well-Known Member

I've been unhappy with my t-shirts for a long time but can't seem to find any that are thick and well made. The A&F shirts are thick but they have that damn moose logo and the fit on them is absurd. I've been tempted to try LL Bean's t-shirt, but they only have crew neck.

Where can I get good ones?

Dude, it's just a little moose. Who cares? And in my experience, the fit is actually pretty spot on and slim. To each his own, though.

Also, AA. I have tshirts from there that have been through absolute hell over the past few years and are still perfectly fine. Gap's new tshirts are pretty solid, the old ones were fucking ballsack shit and fell apart like nothing.

9. spaceballs

spaceballs Member

I've been tempted to try LL Bean's t-shirt, but they only have crew neck.
    LL Bean t-shirts are also made out of some sort of water/stain resistant material. This basically means that the shirt simply does not breathe. Like wearing a trash bag around your chest. It took me a few months to figure out that it was the t-shirt and not the weather. Returning all that I bought.

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Gap's new tshirts are pretty solid, the old ones were fucking ballsack shit and fell apart like nothing.

Have noticed the exact same thing.

11. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Yes, we wear them everyday and buy them a lot so give me your opinion about them.
    So who do you think sells long lasting/quality T-Shirts?

I personally like Abercrombie because their tees last forever.
    maybe it's because the vintage look, but the t-shirt I bought 5 years ago still looks as new.
    Bathing Ape also has great shirts but they are pricy.
    LRG, Hundereds, Stussy & Zoo York tees are pretty thick and I think they last pretty long.

Gap, BananaRepublic, Diesel, DC, RVCA, Billabong, Electic, Quicksilver, Volcom & O'neil are decent but I woun't buy them again.

I live in a hot ass environment so I wear t's constantly, only layer once in a while. My MMM, Raf, Geller, etc tees hold up pretty well, but I wear them on coolish nights, hate to sweat in them. The bulk of my t's are asos scoop necks. $10 bucks a pop and hold up nicely. Some CK V-Necks and JL U necks hold up nicely too. Have a JL in black 3 washes still looking nice, no fades.
    When I wore A&F in HS I always found them to be heavy and hard for my body to breath in

12. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Have noticed the exact same thing.
    New from this season?
    Last season, they still sucked hard.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I've noticed their colored ones aren't particularly great; should have specified that I was talking about their white v-necks. Since about the turn of the year, the whites have gotten slimmer, thicker fabric, hold up better in the wash, etc. I'm wearing a "best v-neck" in white right now.

Yes, colors still suck. Ballsac thin.

14. ryvac

ryvac Well-Known Member

Also, AA. I have tshirts from there that have been through absolute hell over the past few years and are still perfectly fine.

what is AA?
    American Apparel?

15. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

16. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

i like the basic tees from the banana republic outlet more than the ones in the regular stores. they fit me perfectly and the v is quite shallow.

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

If you like the way Abercrombie stuff fits Alt Apparel (post hot wash) might suit your fancy)

18. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Not to sound like a shill, but I own probably 11 or so black WvG tees and they don't shrink in the wash, keep their shape, and are quite breathable. Other than my occasional graphic tees (MMM, Homage, etc.) I don't really wear any other tees.

19. ryvac

ryvac Well-Known Member

If you like the way Abercrombie stuff fits Alt Apparel (post hot wash) might suit your fancy)

well I don't really like the way Abercrombie tess fit. (they're a bit too tight)
    I just like the durability their cloth have. Man, they really last for a long time.
    some tess I use for my sleeping cloth and literaly wash them everyday and still they hold up..
    so I'm really looking for tees that can hold up like this and doesn't fit too tight...

but thanks anyway, I will check Alt Apparel out.

20. ataru

ataru Senior member

RRL and Unis are 2 brands that make great solid tees that hold up well. Neither is cheap though.