• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

T Shirt Dilemma: Smaller Guys

LTJazz

Reaction score
So I'm a smaller guy, and I became very accustomed to American Apparel tailored t's in small. I recently found out you can only buy direct from them now for unprinted shirts.

Is anyone here aware of any nice alternatives with a similar fit?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There is a search alternative I've heard about.

LTJazz

Reaction score
Sir, the last T-Shirt thread relating to this has not been updated in quite a while (assuming I used the search function properly.) The sarcastic remark is unwarranted.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it's Sir Jet.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is still lots of helpful info there

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ossington
'cause, not all of us have trust funds, brooklyn.
$20 for a shirt constitutes trust fund wealth? Fuck, I'm wearing a $300 shirt right now and I'm a student :\\\\\\ man up. $20 is damn cheap.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
$20 for a shirt constitutes trust fund wealth?

Fuck, I'm wearing a $300 shirt right now and I'm a student :\\\\\\ man up. $20 is damn cheap.

That's nice. Some people will spend $300 on a shirt while others might think he's a complete fool for spending that much.

Relax nigga, it's the internet

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a $20 shirt is too expensive for you where do you get your shoes? Chucks are more expensive... What about jeans? Levi's cost more.. Are these people wearing full on salvation army? I mean, I don't care, cheap can be done REALLY well by people with standard body types (not me, at all), I'm not a clothing elitist.

But $20 should be more or less within anyone's price range really, going to dinner at Appleby's would likely cost more.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
$20 for a shirt constitutes trust fund wealth?

Fuck, I'm wearing a $300 shirt right now and I'm a student :\\\\\\ man up. $20 is damn cheap.

I wear $600 jil shirts (0).

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I wear $600 jil shirts (0).
I've got some Julius shirt that was p. expensive retail... although I'm in Rick now. Let me find bill...
sq4you'ed $560 retail, damnnnnnn such a steal at 60% off. Comfiest tee ever. Not quite $600 Jil, but whatever, some day. I paid for this at a $17/hr job x( but I'm living no where at the moment so my expenses are negligible.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know who Rick Owens is? ??? Because his idea of a cotton long sleeve tee is probably not anything what you're picturing. You find me the same thing for cheaper, and I'll be ecstatic.
(and it layers very well)

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listi, you ought to just proxy Julius stuff. That tee at 60% off was probably near jpn retail. Plus, there are some good deals to be had right now since a lot of SS stuff is being discounted.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.