• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T Shirt Dilemma: Smaller Guys

LTJazz

Reaction score
So I'm a smaller guy, and I became very accustomed to American Apparel tailored t's in small. I recently found out you can only buy direct from them now for unprinted shirts.

Is anyone here aware of any nice alternatives with a similar fit?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There is a search alternative I've heard about.

LTJazz

Reaction score
Sir, the last T-Shirt thread relating to this has not been updated in quite a while (assuming I used the search function properly.) The sarcastic remark is unwarranted.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it's Sir Jet.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is still lots of helpful info there

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ossington
'cause, not all of us have trust funds, brooklyn.
$20 for a shirt constitutes trust fund wealth? ****, I'm wearing a $300 shirt right now and I'm a student :\\\\\\ man up. $20 is damn cheap.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
$20 for a shirt constitutes trust fund wealth?

****, I'm wearing a $300 shirt right now and I'm a student :\\\\\\ man up. $20 is damn cheap.

That's nice. Some people will spend $300 on a shirt while others might think he's a complete fool for spending that much.

Relax *****, it's the internet

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a $20 shirt is too expensive for you where do you get your shoes? Chucks are more expensive... What about jeans? Levi's cost more.. Are these people wearing full on salvation army? I mean, I don't care, cheap can be done REALLY well by people with standard body types (not me, at all), I'm not a clothing elitist.

But $20 should be more or less within anyone's price range really, going to dinner at Appleby's would likely cost more.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
$20 for a shirt constitutes trust fund wealth?

****, I'm wearing a $300 shirt right now and I'm a student :\\\\\\ man up. $20 is damn cheap.

I wear $600 jil shirts (0).

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I wear $600 jil shirts (0).
I've got some Julius shirt that was p. expensive retail... although I'm in Rick now. Let me find bill...
asYWV.jpg
sq4you'ed $560 retail, damnnnnnn such a steal at 60% off. Comfiest tee ever. Not quite $600 Jil, but whatever, some day. I paid for this at a $17/hr job x( but I'm living no where at the moment so my expenses are negligible.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know who Rick Owens is? ??? Because his idea of a cotton long sleeve tee is probably not anything what you're picturing. You find me the same thing for cheaper, and I'll be ecstatic.
k5236b.jpg
(and it layers very well)

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listi, you ought to just proxy Julius stuff. That tee at 60% off was probably near jpn retail. Plus, there are some good deals to be had right now since a lot of SS stuff is being discounted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads