1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

T-shirt and a Sport Coat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ryan Graber, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

I would say no, unless your don johnson adn then I wouls still say no. This isn't the 80's and sport coats are just too nice of a garment to be worn with a t-shirt, you are better off the keep wearing them the way you are now. I always say if it's not broke then don't fix it and your style seems to be working fine to me so don't go changing it.

2. Corniche

Corniche Senior member

3. Lovellum

Lovellum Well-Known Member

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I recall the Fuuma doing this look.

It seems to require Dior Homme/Thom Browne sorts of blazers.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think it works as long as the blazer is shorter and slimmer than normal. I do it sometimes in summer when the morning is a little bit too cold for just a tshirt.

No pants seems to be a win as well.

6. GBR

GBR Senior member

A fine casual look.

7. wasabi-rabi

wasabi-rabi Member

Show us. We'll give you an honest opinion. Some people can pull this off, some can't.

I've run around (Rome) at night wearing a Hugo Boss suit with a t-shirt. It worked well enough to get me into a couple of pretty exclusive places.
    The look doesn't depend entirely on the clothes. Depends on where you are, and more importantly - what the rest of you looks like.

Don Johnson, David Duchovny and Bruce Willis can do this. Most of the rest of us just - can't.

Face it fellas...We aren't Them.

So!! Go put on your best t-shirt...Put on your best Sport Jacket... Take a picture and tell us where you'd like to go with this ensemble - and we'll judge.

(oh, the responses may sting a little...)

8. Asch

Asch Senior member

I recall the Fuuma doing this look. It seems to require Dior Homme/Thom Browne sorts of blazers.
    +1 90% of men end up looking terrible when they attempt this.

9. Drydis Greis

Drydis Greis Senior member

This, and I'm not a fan of the look.

+1. Looks out of place, and IMHO, cheap. But, it's a crazy mixed up beautiful world, wear what you want...

10. eightysixed

eightysixed Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Perhaps I watched too much TV in the 80's, but whenever I see someone wearing a T-shirt with a sport jacket or suit, I think of this. Not sure I'd want the back of my neck dirtying up the inside collar of my jacket as I don't like dry cleaning them often.