• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sz 11 Borrelli shoes and Brioni 42s NWT suit!! Damn!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow-- if i hadn't JUST purchased a new suit, this brioni would be mine. size 42short, looks like just the sort of glen plaid Cary Grant would have worn. That is one classic grey suit! I'd wear it with a pale blue or ecru shirt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brioni-Suit-100-...QQcmdZViewItem

size 11 (might have to verify this with the seller, and be sure to get photos of the bottoms of these shoes if you are even CONSIDERING bidding) Borrelli shoes, look like a smashing pair of elegant (not battleship) captoes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEN-BORRELLI...QQcmdZViewItem

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
wow-- if i hadn't JUST purchased a new suit, this brioni would be mine. size 42short, looks like just the sort of glen plaid Cary Grant would have worn. That is one classic grey suit! I'd wear it with a pale blue or ecru shirt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brioni-Suit-100-...QQcmdZViewItem

size 11 (might have to verify this with the seller, and be sure to get photos of the bottoms of these shoes if you are even CONSIDERING bidding) Borrelli shoes, look like a smashing pair of elegant (not battleship) captoes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEN-BORRELLI...QQcmdZViewItem

same seller has these lobbs for an attractive opening price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEN-BONORA-L...QQcmdZViewItem

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chorse--
interesting!! please educate me, what do you see/ how old do you estimate the suit at? of course, it is still new with tags but maybe from a previous season? I guess the suit looks to me like a normal 3 button double vented jacket, similar to other brioni items in my closet-- the lapels aren't wider than normal or anything, are they?

*not considering buying this one, just info for my future reference*

thanks!

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only things that tipped me off about the age of the suit were: (i) the finished sleeves with the mock button holes (although this may be dependent upon the store to which the suit is being distributed) and (ii) the fact that the gorge appears a bit higher than with some current production Brioni 3 button suits I've seen.

I really like the fabric on this suit ... my wardrobe lacks something right in this shade of blue-gray with a subtle pattern to give it depth.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
chorse-- interesting!! please educate me, what do you see/ how old do you estimate the suit at? of course, it is still new with tags but maybe from a previous season? I guess the suit looks to me like a normal 3 button double vented jacket, similar to other brioni items in my closet-- the lapels aren't wider than normal or anything, are they? *not considering buying this one, just info for my future reference* thanks!
I'm not certain, but I didn't think Brioni still typed the labels like that. I seem to recall more recent jackets had a fancier tag on the sleeves. Also, the tag is worn, much more than it seems it would get from being in the shop for a season or two. The buttons seem to be closely spaced, which I believe was more the style a few years ago. And the gorge is a little downward sloped for a recent suit. I know that Oxxford still makes a lapel like that on some of their models, but it seems a little old to me for a Brioni. Someone with a better knowledge of Brioni than me could probably date it with the model name a little better.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is a pretty recent model suit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads