1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Sympathy cards or Christmas card

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Style guy, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Style guy

Style guy Well-Known Member

a few days ago one of my friend's mother passed away, and seeing how it is so close to X-mas makes it even worse. My question is I know know I should send a sympathy card, but what about a cristmas card as well? I figure a Christmas card may cheer him up a little bit especially if I get the right one. Is this a bad idea to send him a X-mas card or should I just send the sympathy card and leave it at that?

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Having been in their position recently, I can say that a heartfelt Christmas card is a much better gesture. I am not a fan of sympathy cards.. I think you have the right idea with just the Christmas one.

3. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

I'd send a Christmas card, and write a message conveying sympathy inside of course. I think that pre-fab sympathy (and thank-you) cards are a little tacky anyway - it's better to use blank cards and write your own message of thanks or sympathy.

4. Style guy

Style guy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I will send a X-mas card shortly.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

This is your friend's mother -- if you haven't been there, it can be a bad place. Send a letter. Regards, Huntsman

6. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

I concur fully.

7. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

A letter would work too but he could easily write a letter-long message in a card.

8. writeletters03

writeletters03 New Member