1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sydney vs Perth

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JohnsNotHere, Feb 10, 2010.

1. tba

tba Active Member

really?

I don't know anything about Perth (altho I used to visit every month or so on business, but just in and out) but always put it more in the Adelaide (my hometown) or Brisbane league of living costs. I lived in Melbourne for years, and basically consider it home, but it was a jump from Adelaide living costs for me. Perth's even higher? Be getting Sydney-ish if it's higher than Mel..

Housing costs are pretty high in Perth. It used to be a cheap place to buy, but not any more. Everyday stuff was basically the same.

My rent almost doubled in the two years I was there. Maybe is was just where I was living (Victoria Park), but heard similar stories from friends.

2. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

really?

I don't know anything about Perth (altho I used to visit every month or so on business, but just in and out) but always put it more in the Adelaide (my hometown) or Brisbane league of living costs. I lived in Melbourne for years, and basically consider it home, but it was a jump from Adelaide living costs for me. Perth's even higher? Be getting Sydney-ish if it's higher than Mel..

this used to be the case until about 2005-2006

melbourne is much more affordable for rent, food and drink

for my money melbourne is by far the best city to live in Australia as long as you dont like nice weather and good beaches.

unfortuantly i love beaches too much.

3. tropics

tropics Senior member

lived in sydney for 3 years, great town

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

That's Palin, right?

Nope it'd be Jack:
    Jack van Tongeren (legal name Peter Joseph Van Tongeren) (born 1947) has been described as a white supremacist and extreme right wing Australian activist by the media. He was the leader of the neo-Nazi Australian Nationalist Movement (ANM). He served 13 years 1 month and 6 days in prison from 1989-2002 for arson, after firebombing businesses owned by Asians in Western Australia. He was tried in absentia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_van_Tongeren

5. fxh

fxh Senior member

this used to be the case until about 2005-2006

melbourne is much more affordable for rent, food and drink

for my money melbourne is by far the best city to live in Australia as long as you dont like nice weather and good beaches.

unfortuantly i love beaches too much.

Melbourne is great if you want to wear something other than shorts, thongs and a t shirt - like the rest of Oz.

6. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Nope it'd be Jack:
    Jack van Tongeren (legal name Peter Joseph Van Tongeren) (born 1947) has been described as a white supremacist and extreme right wing Australian activist by the media. He was the leader of the neo-Nazi Australian Nationalist Movement (ANM). He served 13 years 1 month and 6 days in prison from 1989-2002 for arson, after firebombing businesses owned by Asians in Western Australia. He was tried in absentia.

He burned down a Chinese take-away joint near my old house in the late 1980s [​IMG]