• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SXSW - Austin, Texas 2011 - Events

Antonio Centeno

Reaction score
Headed to Austin for SXSW, wondering if anyone knows of any men's style events going on.

FYI, I'm a UT alum so very familiar with the city......just haven't been there for a while. I've searched for a men's style related event and not finding anything related going on....which makes me think I should possibly look to sponsor something.

Thoughts? Anyone in Austin/headed their interested?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm trying to go and have a friend flying in for it who already bought her ticket.

If I make it, I will only be going to the tech side of things. Not interested in the other stuff.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just glad I don't work there anymore and won't have to fight the MoPac traffic this time.
smile.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SenorMatador

Reaction score
Anyone with prior SXSW experience want to share insider tips? Just moved to Austin maybe 2 weeks ago and I have heard ridiculous stories already about past SXSW's.

Edit: sorry for the slight thread hijack

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SenorMatador
Anyone with prior SXSW experience want to share insider tips? Just moved to Austin maybe 2 weeks ago and I have heard ridiculous stories already about past SXSW's.

It is a great time to take a holiday in the Hill Country. A lot of locals will rent-out their homes and leave town during SXSW.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tip for Attending SXSW - Try your damnedest to obtain VIP passes and such to get you into shows. Otherwise you will be waiting in long ass lines the entire time and will cause you to limit your show selections for the big name bands/artists.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
ffffuuuu.gif

i didn't realize so many people posted here from Austin.

is it just me or do people on mopac just like driving slower than the speed limit?
ffffuuuu.gif

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's because the entrance ramps are only 15 feet long so everyone crams over to the left when some asshole comes flying off one and cuts someone off. going north, i always stick to the right lane and weave around them.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
it's because the entrance ramps are only 15 feet long so everyone crams over to the left when some asshole comes flying off one and cuts someone off. going north, i always stick to the right lane and weave around them.

In the mornings, it's because people won't keep spacing. If everyone kept two car lengths, then **** would be smooth. Easy lane transitions, no running up people's asses, etc. I ******* hate being stuck on 2222 for 15 minutes trying to just get on mopac. That said, at least it isn't 35

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads