• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swiss Legend watches

Razeus

Reaction score
Browing the Gilt Groupe sales, they are selling Swiss Legend watches for a little over $100, when they MSRP is $695 and up. What's up with these watches? Quality? Legit?

MrNiebla

Reaction score
They are not quality, and not Swiss. The MSRP is greatly inflated to make it look like you're getting a deal - nobody has ever purchased one for $695. Check on watch forums like watchuseek.com.

SouthPhillyMan

Reaction score
those look extremely fugazi
u have to be careful with Gilt sometimes because they will lie about the MSRP, I always check on amazon first to see the true price

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt is only really good for brands you already know of and are interested in. They always toss in these random brands barely anyone has ever heard of and claim they are worth way more than they really are and stupid people see the MSRP and compulsively buy because they dont want to miss out on a deal.

OMG! 85% off! Gotta have it!

Clearly when something has been marked down 85%, it means no one wanted it in the first place.

I saw one watch on that page that looked half decent, then the thought of wearing a watch that says "Swiss Legend" on it made me think of those hot dog stands downtown that claim they sell the best hot dogs in town. If you have to point out how good your **** is, chances are its not really that good.

Razeus

Reaction score
All I needed to know guys. Thanks. That's why I love this forum.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razeus
Browing the Gilt Groupe sales, they are selling Swiss Legend watches for a little over $100, when they MSRP is $695 and up. What's up with these watches? Quality? Legit?

Originally Posted by MrNiebla
They are not quality, and not Swiss. The MSRP is greatly inflated to make it look like you're getting a deal - nobody has ever purchased one for $695. Check on watch forums like watchuseek.com.

The OP is exactly the kind of guy that they're aiming for.

ryrules1

Reaction score
but lucky for him he asked here first
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics