1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Swiss High-End Shoemakers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, May 18, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I'm wondering because this Ebay auction, of a very nice-looking pair of shoes (channelled soles too), apparently is for a pair of Swiss-made shoes. I emailed the seller about what is stated on the inside of the shoes and this was her response:

"The numbers inside of the shoe are stated as such: 9 c k80475 11. It says made in Switzerland. If you do find out the maker, please let me know. Thanks."

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

aren't some of bally's scribe line made in switzerland?

i've never owned one, but i remember something about switzerland.... perhaps from an ebay auction?

3. timekeeping

timekeeping Well-Known Member

I believe Bally makes their top of the line shoe, the Scribe, in Switzerland. The very first ones were goodyear welted but later ones are not and definitely no channeled soles.

The earlier styles were classically inspired while the new ones are far too fashion forward for my taste.