1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

sweaters and ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by samnc, Oct 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. samnc

samnc Well-Known Member

Two quick question for you...

The more simple one is about wool ties. I never purchased one, but I was thinking perhaps a donegal kind of pattern would look nice with a shirt like this: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tailored-fit-pattern-pima-yak-buttondown-dress-shirt~246239_-1.html. Is it odd to wear a non-silk tie? Obviously, it isnt a formal tie, but do you think something like this is OK?

Another question about sweater length. How long should a sweater be? I got a real nice cashmere cardigan, but it isnt as long as what I think it should be...it goes a few inches below the beltline on my pants, but I am used to sweaters going down a bit further. I know its hard to give an answer without a photo, but does this seem to be an appropriate length?