1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sweater Washing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kennils, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Kennils

Kennils Member

I am looking at a sweater from Gap. On the website is says that the sweater is to be dry cleaned. It's composed of 60% Cotton, 30% Nylon, and 10% Wool. I am a college student and kind of low on cash. I was wondering if you think that I would be ok to wash it, and what the possible results would be. Thanks a lot for the help.

2. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

If anything I would use woolite on the delicate cycle. then lay it out flat horizontally to dry.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i have several nice wool and blend sweaters that are dry clean only. i always HAND wash them, and they turn out just fine.
    fill a tub with cold water and a mild soap/detergent. hand wash gently , do not stretch by pulling and tugging sweater out of the water, as weight of water will stretch it. add a little bit of fabric softener in last rinse water.
    might want to wash each sweater seperately as dyes come out initially for certain colored sweaters.
    dry flat, do not wring out excess water, press it out.

4. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

The above reply is excellent, and comprehensive. But . . . unless you're willing to wash the sweater as suggested, have it dry cleaned.

5. Kennils

Kennils Member

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it, I think I will purchase it, the price is great and they have it in a medium tall.